Australian manufacturer and operator of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
We are seeking a full-time senior software engineer who is capable of executing the following tasks:
- Lead development of real-time applications for autopilot/drone operation
- Develop custom device drivers for Linux operating systems
- Develop software for micro-controller based sub-systems
- Develop test profiles and scripts for validation and quality assurance
- Develop interfaces for third-party payloads
- Develop code for automated responses (detect-and-avoid, failsafes, sanity checks)
- Develop UI applications
The right person
- You will be an enthusiastic and responsible team member with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, willing to put in the time to realise demanding, challenging time-critical projects.
- Some directly relevant experience in autonomous and embedded systems is strongly preferred.
- Applicants based in (or able to quickly relocate to) Sydney, Australia with working rights essential.
- Qualification in software engineering with relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in relevant industries/roles
- Experience with embedded systems programming
- Experience with real-time applications development
- Demonstrated ability to manage a small team in delivering time-critical complex projects
- Good working knowledge of C++, CAN, Arduino, RS232 and related protocols