Australian manufacturer and operator of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
We are seeking a full-time mid-senior systems engineer who is capable of executing the following tasks:
- Execute project deliverables under Carbonix’s Product Development Program.
- Lead engineering activities to ensure projects are completed to specifications.
- Drafting, laying out, and specifying Technical Documentation for UAV subsystems, parts, and equipment — Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Responsible for ensuring that Carbonix’s Quality System is followed in all daily activities. The required standards of performance are attained in the above when:
- The engineer actively participates to the design verification process within the team.
- All QA procedures and guidelines related to Carbonix’s UAV integration are followed.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and make recommendations for improvements.
- Maintaining and improving existing engineering processes.
- Reports to the Head of Engineering and Chief Technical Officer.
- Work with the electrical, mechanical and software engineers of the Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT).
Required Qualifications and Knowledge
- A BE or ME in mechatronics/electrical/software engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant industries/roles; specifically, integrated systems and product release cycles.
- Experience in Functional Design, specifically in circuit design and system integration.
- Experience in design review and certification processes
- Expert knowledge of Modern C++ and Python.
- Understanding of constraints of real-time / embedded platforms.
- Experience designing and implementing message processing software and mesh networking infrastructure and protocols.
- Exposure to UAV sensor integration (EO, IR, and various laser payloads).
- Exposure to avionics or UAS/UAV platforms.
- An ability to communicate clearly with your team;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities;
- Outstanding organisational & time-management skills; AND
- In-depth understanding of Ardupilot and UAV platforms.