Carbonix is an Australian manufacturer and operator of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems.
Carbonix is an Australian manufacturer and operator of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems. Our fleet of powered-lift drones boasts long endurance, versatile deployment and capabilities, as well as automatic mission execution.
We have an opening for Powered-lift Licensed Personnel (Sub 25kg) to operate hybrid VTOL-fixed-wing aircraft. The position is part of a multidisciplinary and agile product development team with extensive experience and knowledge of aerospace engineering. The job entails development flight testing and commissioning of next-generation aircraft, as well as on-site operation of Carbonix’s powered-lift fleet. The successful candidate will also contribute to developing procedures, manuals and training material.
The job is based in Artarmon, Sydney, with flight testing taking place at Riverstone.
Interviews begin immediately. Please reach out to Aimran Akhtar at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief overview of your background, experience, interests in the form of a cover letter AND attach your resume.
- Oversee the execution of flight test missions under direct supervision of Carbonix’s Product Development Manager and Chief Remote Pilot.
- Provide pilot feedback to assist the engineers in optimising flight performance.
- Work with the other streams of the business to develop, execute and analyse the results of flight tests.
- Safe operation of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) in accordance with Carbonix operating procedures.
- Conducting on-site recognisance, flight planning, prepare Flight Authorisation Forms and Job safety Assessments.
- Assist in developing supporting documentation such as User Manuals and type training courses.
Required Qualifications and Knowledge
- Current CASA Remote pilot licence (RePL) essential.
- Endorsement to operate powered-lift RPAS <25kg
- Aviation Reference Number (ARN).
- Experience in operating manned and/or unmanned fixed-wing systems.
- In- depth understanding of CASA Part 101 Manual of Standards and recent related regulations and interpretations.
- Valid Australian Drivers licence.
- Ability to plan and conduct Auto missions through Mission Planner / Q Ground Control.
- CASA Instrument Rating (IREX) certified strongly preferred.
- Experience operating RPAS in EVLOS / BVLOS environments.
- Passionate about tech and disruptive innovation (and thriving in a fast-paced ‘startup/scaleup’ culture).
- An ability to communicate clearly with your team.
- Outstanding organisational & time-management skills.
- An ability to operate independently as well as in teams.
- Prior experience in photogrammetry, multispectral and LiDAR survey missions.
- In-depth understanding of Ardupilot and similar systems.
- Proficiency in mechatronics, programming – an understanding of embedded systems.
- Familiarity with liquid fuel motors.
Carbonix is an equal opportunity employer, and ALL qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Successful and short-listed candidates will be contacted to attend a face-to-face interview at our Artarmon facility. We are growing fast so be prepared to start immediately if you are right for the job.
- Best describe your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a pilot?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?