Everyday life, made simple.
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 100 + cities across 14+ countries and host over 30 million users. With our recent acquisition from Uber, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and invite you to do some of the most meaningful work of your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Architect to join our Enterprise Architecture team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
You will design and build the backend systems that power the Careem engine, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. These large scale, distributed systems handle everything from user requests to payment processing.
Our tech stack is Golang, Java 8 and Spring Boot, Micro-Service Architecture, SQL and no-SQL DBs, iOS and Android applications, web front-end and AWS infrastructure.
- Software architecture and design of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast growing business.
- Integrate components into a fully functional & validated system
- Facilitate collaboration with other architects, engineers, business owners, and technical program managers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform.
- Research emerging technology trends and ideas.
- Develop and implement software verification and quality assurance procedures
- Document designs and review code
- Continuously strive for higher quality and productivity
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
- Extensive backend programming experience in one or more of the following: Golang, Java, C/C++, Python
- Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Proven knowledge of system architecture.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time.
- Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Competitive remuneration
- Premium medical insurance (including spouse and children)
- Unlimited leave*
- Discounted Careem rides.
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth