WHO ARE WE?
Celestia Technologies Group is an international technology group developing solutions for Aerospace, Defence, Telecommunications and Scientific markets. The core group capabilities lies in the areas of; Antennas, Radiofrequency, MMIC design and development, Solid State Technologies, Modems, Signal Processing, Monitoring & Control, Signal Monitoring, Test Benches, UAV and data links, for Ground & Space Applications.
With increasing size and anticipated growth, we are looking to expand our team located in Noordwijk (NL).
We are looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer who will manage and control the activities required in order to deliver the bids and proposals according to the requirements, budget and schedule. The Pre-Sales Engineer will ensure “lessons learned” and best practices are applied on proposals and transferred to new bids.
The candidate suitable for this post is a cross-trained System Engineer able to face new challenges and grasp new concepts quickly.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participate in grants, proposals and bids of the company under the supervision of the Group Bid Manager providing support to the pre-contractual phase of the projects.
- Technical interface with both technical and commercial teams in order to develop proposals and new business opportunities.
- Analyse and answer Invitation to Tenders, RFPs and RFQs.
- Prepare technical proposals in cooperation with technical team in order to perform requirement analysis, high level architecture and interface definition.
- Prepare Project Management Plan, Development Plan, WBS (work breakdown structure) and Gantt schedule.
- Identify subcontractors and suppliers in order to meet the bid requirements.
- Prepare and submit RFPs/RFQs for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepare presentations and attend to customer meetings with the bid team in order to provide answers to the customer requests and perform opportunity follow-up with the commercial team.
- Support market analysis and being up to date on the technology solutions in order to provide added-value to the new proposals.
- Provide support to grants periodic reporting.
- Provide support to the project team during project implementation in the elaboration of project documentation and providing support to find solutions to project challenges.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electronics/Communications Engineering, Aerospace or similar with +2-5 years experience.
- Experience in Project and/or Technical Management in from Space or a similar industry.
- Experience with European Space Agency projects and procedures will be considered a plus.
- Knowledge of EU proposals will be desired.
- Proven experience in the preparation of project and proposal/bids documentation.
- Quick learner, well-organised and able to deliver on time and manage priorities.
- Experience working with MS Office and MS Project.
- Ability to solve complex problems using technical experience and judgements.
- Proactive with a ‘can-do attitude’, high sense of responsibility.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Team player and able to work autonomously.
- Proactivity and Initiative.
- Willing to face new challenges.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Excellent analytical skills.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
A professional and stimulating working environment in the space sector with the possibility to work in an international team, with innovative projects.
We also give you the chance to develop your career in our work centres around Europe and UK.