Celestia Technologies Group (CTG) is an international technology group based on research and development, innovation and deployment of high technology products. Primarily, the group focuses on R&D, Design Services and Product Development for Aerospace, Defence, Telecommunications and Scientific markets. There is a rich pedigree of Product Development in Antenna, RF and Modem design for different Satcom & Terrestrial Systems.
The team here at Celestia Technologies Group (UK) Ltd have embarked on a challenging programme to design innovative technologies for High Throughput Satellite communication system. Part of this includes the well-publicised large contract with the European Space Agency (ESA) to develop a fully electronic scanning ground station, capable of tracking and communicating simultaneously with multi satellites. A broad range of technical domains are being worked on including Antenna, RF, Signal Processing, Beamforming, Digital Design and Real-time Software.
Given the increasing needs, we are keen to expand our team and hire highly motivated, capable engineers with good inter-personal skills and a positive attitude to tackle the seemingly impossible design requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive welcoming work environment where everyone is happy, productive and able to maximize their individual potential.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely within a focussed team responsible for producing cutting edge software solutions.
- Design, develop, code, test & debug a real-time digital interface for the RFIC.
- Develop innovative signalling and addressing protocols to efficiently administer data- path and control-path on the platform.
- Integrate your overall solution with other sub-systems on the platform comprising analogue and digital discrete devices.
- Be responsible for the validation of your design to demonstrate confirmation that it meets the real-time performance requirements.
- In collaboration with other project engineers, understand system functionality and performance and the implications for your tasks.
- Take ownership of your tasks; planning and executing work to ensure full technical compliance and timely delivery to your project.
- Document and disseminate your work and promote the sharing of good engineering practices within the team.
- Regularly report your progress and technical gains to the Technical (Project) Manager.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Work closely within a focussed team responsible for producing cutting edge RF subsystem solutions.
- Experience designing PHY layer algorithms and simulation models.
- Good theoretical knowledge in Digital Communications, Signal processing, Filter design, Detection
- Theory and Multi-antenna signal processing.
- Proficient in Matlab and C/C++. Experience of Python and shell scripting would be beneficial.
- Proficient in MS Office tools and competent working on either Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Whilst good technical experience is a must, a Masters or PhD degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar is also required.