Celestia Technologies Group (CTG) is an international technology group based on research and development, innovation and deployment of high technology products. Primarily, the group focuses on R&D, Design Services and Product Development for Aerospace, Defence, Telecommunications and Scientific markets. There is a rich pedigree of Product Development in Antenna, RF and Modem design for different Satcom & Terrestrial Systems.
The team here at Celestia Technologies Group (UK) Ltd have embarked on a challenging programme to design innovative technologies for High Throughput Satellite communication system. Part of this includes the well-publicised large contract with the European Space Agency (ESA) to develop a fully electronic scanning ground station, capable of tracking and communicating simultaneously with multi satellites. A broad range of technical domains are being worked on including Antenna, RF, Signal Processing, Beamforming, Digital Design and Real-time Software.
Given the increasing needs, we are keen to expand our team and hire highly motivated, capable engineers with good inter-personal skills and a positive attitude to tackle the seemingly impossible design requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive welcoming work environment where everyone is happy, productive and able to maximize their individual potential.
Role & Responsibilities
- We are looking for a MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER to work with our growing team in Edinburgh.
- You will lead the mechanical design for some of our new phased array Satellite Communication systems.
- You will have an in-depth knowledge of Mechanical Engineering processes and practices, having achieved an MSc or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar engineering subject.
- You will produce design options for our new products, with a particular focus on modularity and ease of assembly, and you will be expected to analyse the predicted performance to ensure the optimum mechanical design.
- You will have worked in a similar mechanical design role, within industry for at least 3 years since finishing your studies.
- With new design projects in the pipeline, designing for potentially challenging applications and environments will become a focus of your work – experience in an aerospace or related field would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with designing to applicable mechanical requirements, standards and/or certifications would be advantageous.
- You will have experience of 3D design tools (preferable Solid Works or similar), you will have a good understanding of technical drawings and the proven ability to produce drawing sets and associated prototypes.
- You should have some experience in computational modelling: thermal performance, vibrational analysis, stress analysis.
- As a start-up company, Celestia UK intend to break into a number of new markets with exciting new products in the field of Satellite Communications, experience of NPI (New Product Introduction) and designing for manufacture would be helpful as would experience of transitioning products into serial production.
- You will work as part of a design team and as such will be expected to liaise regularly with Engineers from other disciplines, in particular RF and Test Engineers.
- Good presentation and communication skills are essential.
- Experience of dealing with external contactors and suppliers would be useful.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years commercial experience in a Mechanical Design Engineer role. Experience in an aerospace industry would be advantageous
- Hands-on experience in the design of complex mechanical structures and assemblies
- Experience working with mechanical design tools, such as Solidworks, Creo or Catia.
- Experience of computational modelling tools for thermal analysis, vibrational analysis and stress analysis, such as ANSYS
- Familiar with standard manufacturing technologies – machining, 3D printing, additive layer manufacturing, plating, etc…
- A good understanding of technical design limitations and experience of providing solutions for practical mechanical design issues will be essential.
- Proficient in MS Office tools and competent working on either Windows or Linux
- As well as good technical knowledge and experience, a Masters or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar is essential.
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV with a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org