You too, be an actor in the space adventure!
Your mission at CNES:
The National Center for Space Studies offers public authorities France’s space policy and implements it in 5 major strategic areas: Ariane, Sciences, Observation, Telecommunications and Defense. In order to remain at the forefront of the world, anticipation, vision, innovation, imagination and speed of action are necessary and are the subject of a priority plan for the years to come.
The 2,400 CNES employees are spread over 4 centers of excellence based in Toulouse, Paris and Guyana. Sharing their enthusiasm and their passion, the dreams and the wonder that drive them: just like high standards and excellence, this is the secret of their professional development.
Within CNES, the Launchers Department contributes to the operation of existing launchers (Ariane, Vega and Soyouz), participates in the development of launchers of the Ariane and VEGA families and invents the launchers of the future. Its Operational Safety & Launch Systems Quality Department is involved in several areas in the upstream study, development or operation phases, in particular for the definition and implementation of the Operational Safety and Quality activities of projects and pre-projects. conducted by the DLA.
You are in charge of running or monitoring the activities of Operational Safety and Software Quality Assurance for the development programs of the Launchers Department of CNES or ESA (on-board software, ground bench software in particular) and cyber risk control procedures for these same programs.
- On the “Dependability and Software Quality Assurance” activity:
You are responsible, in support of the Project Managers and the Operational Safety and System Quality Managers of these projects, for specific procedures relating to the development of software products.
You provide support throughout the project: for the analysis of software criticality; development of requirements, architecture and technical specifications for software products; the preparation of management specifications for the development of these products; monitoring the proper progress of developments (validations and reviews, tests, acceptance, progress indicators) and compliance with product development and performance requirements (functionalities, reliability); the treatment of deviations (deviations from specifications, reservations, anomalies).
You will also be required to develop coding rules for software products according to their level of criticality.
- On the “Cybersecurity” activity:
You set up the cyber risk management process in projects that require it: development of requirements adapted to the challenges of the projects and to the level of threat in response to system-level cyber risk analyzes; proposal of the associated demonstration plan and the methods to be used; integration of cyber approaches into operational safety projects and processes; monitoring of supplier work and summary.
Profile of candidate sought:
- Graduated from an engineering school or equivalent, you have at least 5 years of professional experience in software development, in the fields of Cybersecurity and Software Quality or Dependability. Experience in code practice would be a plus.
- Rigorous and pragmatic, you demonstrate finesse in critical analysis and a spirit of synthesis. In the multi-partner and multicultural context of European launch systems programs, your taste for teamwork, your sense of initiative, your determination and your excellent interpersonal and editorial skills will contribute to your success in this position. Do you recognize yourself? So join our team!
- Fluent English is essential.