At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter – fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
The Engineering Department (EN) pushes forward the limits of technology to provide innovative research tools to the physics and engineering worldwide community. Within the cooling and ventilation (CV) group of the EN department, you will join the Methods, Store and Electrical Section (GEM), which is in charge of the definition of maintenance procedures, computerized maintenance management implementation, spare parts store management and electrical work.
Are you a qualified and proactive technician specialized in documentation management by using IT tools such as EDMS, willing to contribute to a unique working environment at the heart of one of the world’s most complex and exciting scientific experiments? Then, this opportunity is for you – join the largest particle physics research laboratory in the world. CERN, take part!
For the EN-CV group, you will:
- Maintain and update the technical documentation;
- Ensure that process and instrumentation diagrams of the installations are kept up to date;
- Analyze and suggest improvements on the documentation produced by contractors;
- Manage the EDM System, establish procedures, configure the system and their connections to CMMS;
- Update the CMM system through the creation of new items and asset codes, the database structure, etc;
- Prepare reports from the CMM system to ensure proper management and monitoring of maintenance activities;
- Create procedures to ensure efficient use of the CMM system.
Higher technical diploma or equivalent relevant experience in the field of mechanical engineering, data management or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance methods;
- Demonstrated experience in electronic documentation management (EDMS);
- Initial experience in use of CMMS;
- Initial experience in any of the following systems would be an asset: ventilation, compressed air production, air conditioning, cooling systems or of low-voltage electrical equipment.
- Documentation management;
- Maintenance management: use of computerised maintenance management systems;
- Use of office software packages: for the preparation of documents and statistics.
- Demonstrating Flexibility: readily accepting new tasks or work/projects, readily absorbing new techniques and working practices; proposing new or improved ways of working Demonstrating openness to new ideas and situations.
- Managing Self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Achieving Results: objectively assessing and monitoring own work; regularly reporting on progress and advising of any changes in schedule or priorities, having a structured and organized approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Working in Teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships Gaining trust and collaboration from others
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to draw up technical texts in one of the two languages, as well as ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts, or a willingness to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN’s mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 25.07.2021 at 12:00 CET (midday).
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Shift work, when required by the needs of the Organization.