SOFTWARE-DEFINED COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS OUT-OF-THE-BOX
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add an experienced Principal GNC Engineer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing GNC systems for leading-edge spacecraft, and aerospace communication systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will draw on your experience on previous spacecraft to lead a small team in the design and analysis of GNC systems for Cesium satellites and payloads. You will be responsible for Guidance, Navigation, and Control through all stages of design, integration, test, and operations. As such, you will perform trade studies, lead design reviews, create models, and complete simulations and system testing. You will build, test, and fly hardware.
As a Cesium spacecraft team member, you will work on a small team to develop satellites and put them in orbit. The successful candidate will also present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Master of Science (MS), or Doctorate (Ph.D.) degree in Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university or institution
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience in satellite attitude and orbit systems
- Expertise in attitude estimation, guidance, and control; coordinate frame transformations; linear algebra; and non-linear systems
- Experience with multiple spaceflight missions from concept to operations
- Experience in low earth orbit satellites
- Experience with post-CDR test failures and on-orbit failures that guide your design and test philosophies
- Experience with successful and unsuccessful recovery from on-orbit failures
- Experience in conceptualization, architecture design, requirements specification, design, test, and operations of various GNC architectures and components
- Familiarity with space mission simulation tools such as STK, Basilisk, GMAT, or FreeFlyer
- Experience defining spacecraft trajectories and orbital requirements
- Fluency with Python and C++, or other modeling languages
- Familiarity with spacecraft mission design including events, pointing modes, maneuver planning, and operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred experience includes:
- CubeSat and SmallSat experience
- Hands-on experience with spacecraft instrumentation, subsystems, and test labs
- Experience with multiple mission simulation and flight architectures which drives your vision for the next generation of space software
- Experience in LEO, MEO, GEO, and deep space satellites
- Experience with communications satellites
The salary range for this role is $70,000 to $150,000; however, CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace