SOFTWARE-DEFINED COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS OUT-OF-THE-BOX
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a Program Manager to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
This role is critical to the company’s commitment to delivering mission success. As a Program Manager, you will work with multi-disciplinary teams to manage the execution of customer contracts. You are accountable for delivering highly reliable space systems to Government and Commercial customers.
The Program Manager owns the customer relationship, manages engineering development programs, manages external suppliers & manufacturing, and tests activities. A successful Program Manager executes on-time, on-budget delivery of their programs. The end goal of every Program Manager is to deliver affordable, high-performance space systems at an escalated pace.
Some responsibilities include:
- Maintaining project schedules, risk analysis, procurement plans, project staffing plans, and budgets (direct costs, subcontracts, travel, etc.)
- Participating in customer meetings to define and refine requirements
- Reporting program updates regularly to the executive team and our customers
- Tracking all internal and external deliverables, preparing and presenting formal and informal design and progress reviews
- Generating proposals/scope of work based on customer requirements
- Working closely with members of their own program team, technical peer teams, and program controllers to ensure our systems meet all requirements and achieve all milestones while staying within strict budgetary constraints
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience
- Experience as a project engineer/manager with a demonstrated record for delivering unique, high-complexity systems
- Proven ability to deliver on-time and on-budget
- Experience with rapid development projects
- Ability to define and utilize metrics, develop program schedules, and control budgets to manage program activities
- Demonstrated teamwork and written/oral communications skills
- Ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and levels
- Demonstrated employee management experience and proficiency in task management
- Ability to help organize and manage a team of personnel, develop program schedules, and control budgets to meet required deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
Preferred experience includes:
- 2-3 years of progressive experience leading aerospace/space projects as a project engineer or program manager
- PMP Certified
- Experience with government customers and their project management practices
- Concept-to-launch experience with one or more satellite missions
- Experience with cost and budget-constrained programs
- Understanding of satellites and ground systems used for space assets
The salary range for this role is $95,000 to $125,000; however, CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace