SOFTWARE-DEFINED COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS OUT-OF-THE-BOX
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add an Electronics Manufacturing RF Technician III to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for the manufacturing of Cesium’s diverse array of electronic assemblies for space and aerospace platforms. Cesium partners with contract manufacturers (CMs) and in-house manufacturing to fabricate and assemble our products. As such, you will serve as Cesium’s in-house expert and primary point-of-contact for testing and qualifying Cesium’s assemblies. Day-to-day responsibilities range from highly technical manufacturing/design analysis and root cause of non-conformances – such as component specification drift and manufacturing process improvements – to administrative functions like supplier review and process documentation.
Your work will have a direct impact on the success of the company. You will work closely with both the manufacturing and design engineering team, program management, and external contract manufacturers to industrialize space products for a growing market that combines the rigor of space with the scale of commercial electronics.
- An Associate of Applied Science (AA) with a minimum of 2-4 years of experience. Extensive directly related experience may qualify in lieu of education requirement.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) of electronics hardware
- Knowledge of industry standards such as IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001.
- Experience with nonconformance documentation, root cause analysis, corrective action systems, and acceptance criteria.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Statistical process control.
- Experience in aerospace or other high-reliability industries.
- Proficiency with PLM and ERP software.
- Proficiency in AS9100/ISO9001 quality management system requirements.
- Proficiency in lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Experience successfully tackling multiple high-priority tasks.
We provide a generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace