SOFTWARE-DEFINED COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS OUT-OF-THE-BOX
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a Manufacturing Process Technician IV to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
As a Process Technician at Cesium Astro, you will be a key team member in ensuring the quality of our products meets our customer’s expectations. The ideal candidate will have experience in high-reliability industries such as Aerospace, Automotive, or Medical devices. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed in a fast-paced environment and be capable and motivated to fix, repair and maintain a SMT circuit card and electronics final assembly shop. As we are a start-up the expectation is that we all wear many hats, and at times you may be asked to assist in additional duties such as performing cycle counts of inventory, assisting in shipping and receiving functions, or other tasks.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Associate of Applied Science (AA) with 4-6 years of experience. Extensive directly related experience may qualify in lieu of education requirement.
- 5+ years of soldering experience.
- Independent and fearless to solve a wide variety of problems.
- Experience with J-STD 001 Class 3 requirements.
- Knowledge of the entire SMT process. This includes Paste Printing, Solder Paste Inspection (SPI),
- Placement, Part Verification Systems, Reflow, board wash, X-Ray inspection, and Automated Optical Inspection (AOI).
- Experience in Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies (IPC-A-610)
- Experience in Rework, Modification, and Repair of Electronic Assemblies (IPC-7711/7721)
- Ability to interpret specifications, work orders, and reports to determine materials requirements and assembly instructions. Interpretation of schematic drawings, diagrams, and blueprints for troubleshooting is preferred.
- Well versed in a variety of EMS industry equipment.
- Familiarity working in an ESD and FOD controlled environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Preferred experience includes:
- Strong understanding of Six Sigma processes and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience with NPI process development
- Ability to create and conduct training plans for internal employees
- Experience in performing preventative and basic maintenance on electronics manufacturing equipment
- IPC J-STD-001 Training Certification
We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace