With nearly two decades of sub-orbital launch experience and technology development, VECTOR needs your help in taking the next steps to push space boundaries.
Innovation in space occurs when people have the freedom to imagine and to do. We are looking for other thought leaders in their fields of expertise who also believe in our vision and can work beside us to make this dream a reality. The Sr. CFD analyst will be responsible for detailed analysis and design input for a variety of thermo-fluid systems. This role is for a dynamic, self-starting individual with great attention to detail and excellent people skills.
This is a full-time position located at our facility in Huntington Beach, CA, with periodic travel to our Arizona Test Site (ATS) near Tucson, AZ.
A typical day might include the following:
- CFD analysis of various propulsion components and processes
- Aerodynamics and aerothermal heating
- Engines and combustion
- Cryogenic tanks
- Heat exchangers
- Mentoring less experienced analysts
- VECTOR strongly believes in the power of the individual and seeks people who share our passion for innovating, building and flying
This job might be for you if you have these:
- BS in Aerospace/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or equivalent is required
- 7+ years of experience in CFD analysis and modeling of thermal and fluid systems
- Experience with conjugate heat transfer modelling
- Experience with building physics-based design tools and strong analytical skills to evaluate thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and associated thermal phenomenon
- Extremely detail oriented; willing to take on new challenges and work independently
- Excellent verbal, written and graphical communications skills
- Must be willing and able to handle concurrent tasks requiring various sets of skills at multiple stages of the product development cycle
- Willing to travel ~15% to Tucson, AZ facility to support test campaigns and support program reviews is likely.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
It would be impressive if you also have these:
- MS or PhD in STEM field
- Experience with multi-phase flow modeling, droplet formation, and evaporation
- Experience with design of experiments in thermo-fluids for model validation and performance verification
- Experience mentoring junior engineers and analysts
- Experience with solid modeling (NX or equivalent)
- Experience with cryogenic systems and/or combustion a plus
- Experience in the development of liquid rocket engines a plus
- Experience in the development of flight propulsion systems a plus
- BIG vision to reshape the multi-billion launch market
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be part of an innovative team that designs, builds and flies rockets? Put your skills to work and see if you have what it takes to become a part of the new frontier of rocket science. Explore new frontiers with VECTOR.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
VECTOR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.