CGG is a fully integrated Geoscience company providing leading geological, geophysical and reservoir capabilities to its broad base of customers primarily from the global oil and gas industry. Through its complementary business lines of Equipment, Acquisition and Geology, Geophysics & Reservoir (GGR), CGG brings value across all aspects of natural resource exploration and exploitation.
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world-class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. We employ in excess of 5,300 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience and customer focus, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients’ energy challenges. We bring our clients a unique range of technologies and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images, geological data and remote sensing information of the Earth’s subsurface structures.
CGG’s Satellite Mapping business unit is a world-leading supplier of satellite imagery and elevation data, and innovative derived mapping and monitoring solutions.
Our technology and expertise transform satellite image pixels into actionable information, reducing risk and uncertainty across a variety of applications and markets including Oil & Gas, Mining, Engineering, Environment and Defence.
An exciting collection of new roles have been opened up that will support the development and operational roll-out of our next generation of solutions.
Reporting to the Innovation Lead, the Geospatial Python Developer will support the business in growing production and development across a wide range of satellite imagery derived value-add solutions.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team responsible for development and maintenance of systems and tools for large-scale satellite data processing as well as supporting in wider GIS projects and tasks.
We are seeking a candidate who has excellent communication skills, is able to interact and work well with the direct team as well as across disciplines. Has the ability to work independently when required, and is an innovative thinker who has the ability to take initiative and communicate well to solve problems and find the best solutions.
CGG Satellite Mapping is based in Edenbridge, Kent, United Kingdom. During the COVID-19 pandemic all staff are home-based.
The successful candidate will have 0-2 years’ industry experience.
A strong understanding and knowledge of Python as well as experience and interest in the geospatial domain and/or satellite imagery.
It would also be desirable to have knowledge of the below:
- Use of GDAL, OGR (either as standalone utilities or Python packages)
- Geospatial Python libraries e.g., GeoAlchemy, Shapely, SQLAlchemy
- Data science Python libraries e.g. Dask, Xarray, Numpy
- Raster and vector formats e.g ESRI Shapefiles, GeoTiff
- Experience of image processing and GIS Software packages, e.g. ArcMap, QGIS, SNAP
Written and verbal competency in English essential.
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG University platform.
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly performance based bonus
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff
We Care about our Staff and Environment
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
- Discounts on nationwide restaurants, cinema tickets and days out through our benefits platform
- Tech, Travel and Fashion discounts all available through our benefits platform
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.