Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. Operating in hundreds of locations across the globe, CGI delivers end-to-end services and solutions, including strategic IT and business consulting, systems integration, intellectual property, and managed IT and business process services.
Does your passion lie in the development of innovative information technologies? Are terms such as Agile, Lean, Cloud and DevOps not foreign to you, but instead part of your mindset? Then become a part of CGI and together we can take our customers to the next level of transformation! We are looking for talents like you to join our Space team and support us in finding creative solutions that allow the Space industry to take steps towards the modern world and modern solutions. In our growing team you will encounter flat hierarchies and can constantly expand your expertise in a dynamic and agile environment.
You will assume responsibility in projects from the initiation through to the successful introduction of cloud solutions both within our and our clients’ companies. In parallel, you will define the system elements and the associated implementation, integration and testing concepts. In addition, as a Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for market analysis of standard ICT products/services, legacy system analysis and the creation of migration concepts.
You will be the project manager’s first point of contact on technical matters and advise them on the economic success of the project.
The following subject areas belong to your range of tasks:
- Trusted Advisor for IT requirements, opportunities and innovation with a focus on the cloud
- Investigation and evaluation of existing and upcoming technologies for utilisation in future solutions
- Development of new innovative technical solutions based on customer requirements and market trends
- Development of the technical transformation roadmaps
- Acting as the Lead Architect/Solution Lead during for offers to our clients’
- Acting as a key technical advisor in discussions with clients’, partners and other teams
- Consulting in complex ICT architectures and solutions
- Creation of blueprint solutions
- (De-)Escalation management within conflict situations
- Acting as a thought leader to junior and intermediate level staff
You have a degree, or a comparable education, in an Information Technology related topic, and have relevant professional experience in the field of solution design and/or architecture. You have up-to-date and sound technical knowledge of databases, middleware, operating systems, virtualisation and, in particular, current technical solutions relating to cloud computing.
Furthermore, you bring the following with you:
- Expert knowledge in cloud and virtualization, e.g. VMware, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Cloud-relevant vendor certifications in the areas of design, architecture or administration
- Very good knowledge of cloud architectures, hybrid and multi-cloud environments and their management
- Ability to navigate through the aaS jungle (from IaaS, PaaS and SaaS to XaaS), e.g.
- Ability to identify technical cost drivers in technical solutions
- Experience in implementing large-scale solutions
- Experience in Big Data technologies, e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Hive, Spark
- Experience in SQL and noSQL databases
- Extensive experience with architectural principles and different application architectures
- Experience and enjoyment in pre-sales activities
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The following qualifications and experience are considered beneficial:
- Commercial work experience and domain knowledge in the Space and/or Earth Observation domain, as well as in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Fluency in written and spoken German
What can you expect from CGI
Shaping the future of IT in a strong group.
Extraordinary times challenge us. Digital change is advancing and CGI supports and accompanies its customers on this path. We offer a variety of new opportunities within the digitization and IT of tomorrow.
At CGI work and success are fun. Because we bring people, processes and technology together. We not only want to fulfill our orders, we also want to successfully accompany our customers in their change and inspire them again and again. We owe the fact that we regularly manage both to our motivated colleagues. The identification with our corporate philosophy shows in daily cooperation what makes working at CGI so extraordinary.
It is time to become part of our success and to make a difference with others – become a member of CGI!
More information about CGI at www.de.cgi.com