Director (m/f/d) in our Space Division
Delivering secure, reliable and innovative solutions. We help clients implement complex, mission-critical space software systems to address fast-changing market dynamics and business demands.
CGI is a European leader in Space Ground Segment systems and services in the domains of Earth Observation, Navigation, Satellite Communications, Space Safety and Mission Operations. We provide critical services and solutions to European & national agencies and institutions, the scientific community, the commercial sector, as well as to the wider public. We are both major contributors to, and act as thought leaders in, a number of key European space initiatives including the Copernicus and Galileo programmes, designing and developing cutting edge solutions for our clients.
The European Space market is dynamic, evolving and rapidly growing. CGI is now looking to further expand our business in this area, building on our 40 year successful heritage. We are therefore seeking a Director (m/f/d) to support this growth.
As a Director (m/f/d) you have a key leadership position within our organisation with an emphasis on supporting the strategic direction of the business, including the development of business with new and existing customers, as well as the development of team capabilities to win and deliver this business. You will be embedded in our diverse Space Leadership Team, working jointly together towards our common goals and ambitions.
You will have end-to-end responsibility for a defined area with a diverse set of duties including governance of existing project/service delivery. You will lead a team of up to 15 colleagues including supporting them in their career development and performance management. You will have business development/sales responsibility with direct client engagement and the definition and execution of win strategies for key opportunities.
The focus of your activities will be in our ground segment services and software business, working together with our main clients in the Space domain.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Director (m/f/d) you are in principle running a business within the overall business:
- You will be leading, developing and growing your team.
- You will engage with your clients, identifying needs and opportunities, leading tender processes to contract award, and taking responsibility to deliver projects to clients’ satisfaction.
- You will be actively involved in delivering client engagements as a senior project/service manager or in a senior technical role, as well as in the engagement governance to ensure that they are delivered to client satisfaction, whilst achieving key business performance indicators
- In your function as a Director (m/f/d) you will be embedded in the overall account organisation and part of the Space Leadership team, driving our strategy.
You will receive extensive support and training to equip you with the knowledge and skills to excel in this role, and will be assigned a mentor/coach.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
A Director (m/f/d) is a key leadership position within our organization. The successful candidate will therefore have strong managerial, leadership and client relationship management skills.
Additionally, the following skills are considered as mandatory to successfully perform this role:
- Experience in the space/IT industry; typically 10 of more years of relevant work experience in the domain, ideally working with EUMETSAT, ESA/ESOC, or other similar clients
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following domains: Earth Observation, Space Safety, Space Ground Control Segments, Space Payload Data
- Ground Segments, Spacecraft Operations
- A strong track record of successfully leading bids and tender responses of sufficient scale (> 1M€)
- Excellent leadership skills including:
- Strong soft skills to build rapport with both clients and team members
- The ability to work proactively and independently, as well as take responsibility for driving activities forward
- A passion for the Space domain, and motivation to drive CGI’s growth in this area
- A strong interest in building a successful team through supporting team members in their development and career growth
- Experience in the review and monitoring of project/service financial status and other key performance indicators
- Excellent English language skills in both spoken and written form
- A university degree preferably in the fields of computer science, engineering or comparable subject
In addition to the above, a good working knowledge of German would be an advantage but is not essential for the role.
What we offer
CGI offers our employees an exciting and flexible work environment in which to build their careers. This is especially reflected within our Space business which offers a corporate culture built around diverse teams, international collaboration, flat hierarchies and open communication.
CGI’s values emphasise our commitment to work in partnership with our clients by providing objectivity and integrity in all of our undertakings, whilst also delivering quality solutions and services. We also place a strong focus on Corporate Social Responsibility, encouraging and supporting our employees in the continuous improvement of the economic, social and environmental well-being of the communities in which they live and work. This is further reflected in the company’s commitment to be carbon neutral by 2030.
Consistent with our dream of creating an environment in which we enjoy working together, CGI is committed to fostering and maintaining professional workplaces that respect the dignity of all members. CGI is unconditionally inclusive and we are constantly evolving and creating new network that support and promote the richness of our diversity, equity and inclusion across our organization.
In addition to the above, CGI offers the following:
- A highly competitive salary package including a significant performance-related component, based on overall business performance
- At CGI, we view our professionals as company owners. A set percentage of your salary can be invested in CGI shares, and CGI matches your contribution, up to a set maximum.
- Flexible working hours and conditions to optimise your work/life balance
- Company car & bicycle leasing schemes
- JobTicket for public transport throughout Hessen, for both business and personal use
- Emergency childcare support
- A strong focus on continued learning and development
- An exciting, challenging and diverse environment where you can grow your career as part of a great team
- • A great corporate culture built around international collaboration, flat hierarchies and open communication
A company committed to be carbon neutral by 2030 with a strong focus on Corporate Social Responsibility – contributing to the communities we live in.