Flight Dynamics Engineer (m/f/d) for the Space
Delivering secure, reliable and innovative solutions. We help clients implement complex, mission-critical space software systems to address fast-changing market dynamics and business demands.
CGI is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of ground systems for spacecraft monitoring and control and data processing. We are seeking talented experienced engineers to further strengthen our team and help us deliver some of the most exciting and complex Space and EO application systems in Europe. Our team is based in Darmstadt, Germany, cooperating with other teams and consultants in locations across multiple European countries.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
CGI is looking for experienced Flight Dynamics Engineers to support our clients in Darmstadt, Germany. The candidates are expected to support one of Europes leading satellite operators with their skills in flight dynamics, command generation and orbit determination.
Explicit Task list:
Orbit Determination, Prediction and Products Generation:
- Execution of and support to operational tasks
- Processing of tracking data
- Determination and prediction of spacecraft orbital state
- Generation of orbit related products such as orbit event predictions
Flight Dynamics Application Layer:
- Maintenance of elements of the Flight Dynamics Application Layer
Flight Dynamics System Development:
- Specification of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Implementation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements
- Installation of modifications, enhancements and additions to existing software elements on operational platform(s)- design, coordination and implementation of tests
- Participation in tests
- Set-up procedures
- Flight Dynamics (Sub-)System configuration
- Coordination of internal and external interfaces and actitivities across subsystems
- Execution of and support to operational tasks, in the context of command generation
- Generation of task related command parameters
- Generation of task related reports
- General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities
On call support will be required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics
- Skills to apply their knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Linux scripting languages, Fortran 90 and C++)
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with operational environments
- Familiarity/experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
- Experience dealing with external interfaces
- Experience with Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.