Satellite Operations Engineer
Delivering secure, reliable and innovative solutions. We help clients implement complex, mission-critical space software systems to address fast-changing market dynamics and business demands.
Come and join CGI for an exciting space mission!
We are looking for an engineer to support to the operations team for the German mission “Heinrich Hertz” (H2SAT) scheduled for launch in June 2023 at our Spacecraft Control Center, located in Bonn, where the routine mission phase will be supported. As Operations Engineer, you will be in charge of the post launch activities covering a wide range of activities
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Conducting routine flight operations
• Ground segment test, validation and maintenance activities;
• Preparation, validation and maintenance of all the operational products required to conduct the mission, in particular the Flight Operations Procedures;
• Preparation, validation and maintenance of mission specific tools, operations databases and products;
• Preparation of training material and conduction of training;
• Participation in simulations campaigns;
• Provision of on-call support;
• Support to Space and Ground Segment anomaly investigation and resolution;
• Trend and performance analysis;
• Identification and support to implementation of system and process improvements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A university degree in aerospace, mathematics, physics or equivalent
• A demonstrated and consolidated experience with 1-5 years in the field of spacecraft operations or similar
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of German would be an advantage
• Highly motivated and able to learn independently.
• A valid German work and residence permit or be an EU Citizen.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.