Operations System Engineer – Space Unit
Delivering secure, reliable and innovative solutions. We help clients implement complex, mission-critical space software systems to address fast-changing market dynamics and business demands.
Your day-to-day activities
The aim of this work is to follow the activities related to the Operations System Engineer and support the operations and service provision to our client for European space programs.
• Contribute to the maintenance of Galileo Mission Requirements and associated service
• Contribute to the technical management of the system and segment infrastructure
• Contribute to the preparation of the service evolution plan integrating the system
• Support the organization and execution of the Service Validation Plan and for the reviews
related with the different services evolutions (Prepare the service
validation plan, Service Consolidation Review, Service Validation Review)
• Support implementation of exploitation change control boards (CCB) structure
• Preparation, review and administration of change requests, including the participation to
the relevant CCB and the Engineering Board as needed
• Prepare the acceptance milestone internally and in close coordination with external
• Analysis of the services provision changes, services roll-out implementation of the new
• Plan Galileo standardization support activities, including the execution of the associated
• Perform operations analysis and develop operations concept
• Support to the coordination baseline documentation
• Mission and Service Support and validate mission operations data
• Contribute to the design, development, and the implementation of dedicated solutions for
monitoring of performance
• Support the Galileo Services team for any topics related to Galileo services, mission and
system evolution (including the Galileo Second Generation)
What you need to be successful in this role
• University Education or Master’s Degree in systems engineering, aerospace engineering,
• 5 years of experience working performing the activities mentioned
• Knowledge and/or experience of space system engineering or operations activities
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English
• Result orientation, operational efficiency
• Enjoying team working, especially in a multi-cultural environment
• In possession of or able to obtain security clearance at EU Secret level, implying EU
Member States citizen
• Ability to travel when needed to other locations
Your working environment
With almost 40 years in the industry, CGI Space> is a growing business with exciting projects and prospects across the Navigation, Security, Earth Observation and Satcoms domains. We currently have around 500 members working on projects in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands. You will get the opportunity to work for Galileo. Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control. The system is still under development and has recently entered the Exploitation Phase.
We offer you a permanent contract, so that you immediately have job security. Part-time work, for example 32 or 36 hours per week, is negotiable, we are happy to offer you that flexibility. In addition, we feel it is important that everyone at CGI feels like the owner of his or her own work. Literally owner, because at CGI you get the opportunity to become a shareholder and thus share in our successes.
We also believe it’s important that you stay inspired, do the things you enjoy and continue to develop. Our CGI Academy offers a wide range of relevant training courses. What else we have to offer: a place in a close-knit team of professionals where we share responsibility for the development of our clients and employees. A team with which we can exceed customer expectations and put ourselves on the map within and outside of CGI. A role in our CGI story!
Are you ready to be part of our story?
Apply now! We will contact you as soon as possible.
We do not cooperate with external Recruitment parties.
Acquisition due to our vacancies is therefore not appreciated.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.