Are you motivated by the opportunity to work for Galileo? Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control. The system is still under development and has recently entered the Exploitation Phase.
To strengthen our team responsible for the Security Parts of the Key Management Facility of the Galileo Mission Segment, we are looking for a medior Security Engineer. You will play a key role in developing a mission-critical systems for one of the most prestigious space programmes.
Your day-to-day activities
As a security architect/engineer you are responsible for undertaking the various analyses required to understand the security risks to the system designs, and to define and design the security measures needed to provide the justified levels of security. You have affinity with complex systems and are able to define the security requirements and design for space systems.
This security role requires a basic understanding of all aspects of security including but not limited to:
- network security,
- cryptographic solutions,
- application security,
- ISO27001, and
- security accreditation.
Your responsibilities include:
- Perform security risk analysis on the system design.
- Work with the system design teams to ensure a resilient system.
- Define technical security measures.
- Support the security accreditation process.
- Work with the system team to build and validate the security measures.
- Monitor the correct implementation of all security measures.
Things you need to be successful
- Experience with security architectures for complex systems.
- At least 3 years of experience as a security engineer.
- Experience with space projects.
- Experience with security evaluation and accreditation.
- Security certifications (CSSLP, CISSP, etc.).
- You have demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills while working in a team.
- Willing to travel to client sites and other CGI offices around Europe.
- Hold a passport of one of the EU countries
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration
Education and certification
- Bachelor’s degree (HBO or WO) or higher with a focus on Information Technology/Communications, or equivalent.
A EU Personal Security Clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL and above is part of the selection procedure.
A permanent position and the opportunity to become a shareholder and thus share in our successes. Therefore, working at CGI is rewarded twice. Follow the right training courses via our CGI Academy, because your personal development is important to us and our priority. A place in our close-knit community where together we bear the responsibility of projects and exceed customer expectations. A role in our CGI story.
Your working environment
With almost 40 years in the industry, CGI Space is a growing business with exciting projects and prospects across the Navigation, Security, Earth Observation and Satcoms domains. We currently have around 500 members working on projects in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands. You will get the opportunity to work for Galileo. Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control.
Apply now! We will contact you as soon as possible.
Position ID: J1020-1078