CGI is one of the few end-to-end consulting firms with the scale, reach, capabilities and commitment to meet clients’ enterprise digital transformation needs. Our 78,000 consultants and professionals work side-by-side with clients in 10 industries across more than 400 locations worldwide. We draw upon our global capabilities to help clients identify, develop, implement and operate effective strategies to meet evolving customer and citizen expectations.
Do you have strong interest in taking part in the Galileo Program as a System Engineer? Join our CGI Space Team!
Your day-to-day activities
Mainly working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities, in a role supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team.
In particular, the detailed specific tasks include:
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements, being the Technical Officer for elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such technical requirements;
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
- Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Mission Support and Mission Processing, and evolutions of the GMS architecture and design (e.g. virtualisation, data centric processing, etc.);
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs;
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews
Things you need to be successful
- Hold a passport of one of the EU countries
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, signal processing techniques and GNSS security and processing facilities.
- Knowledge on virtualization and data centric processing is an asset.
- The specialist shall in particular have several years of experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
- Specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
** A EU Personal Security Clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL and above is part of the selection procedure.
The opportunity to become a shareholder and thus share in our successes. Therefore, working at CGI is rewarded twice. Follow the right training courses via our CGI Academy, because your personal development is important to us and our priority. A place in our close-knit community where together we bear the responsibility of projects and exceed customer expectations. A role in our CGI story.
“We want to get the best out of you! Are you ready to Be part of our story?”
Your working environment
With almost 40 years in the industry, CGI Space is a growing business with exciting projects and prospects across the Navigation, Security, Earth Observation and Satcoms domains. We currently have around 500 members working on projects in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands. You will get the opportunity to work for Galileo. Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing high accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control.
Apply now! For more information about the vacancy? Contact Gert Mariën (Director Consulting Services) at firstname.lastname@example.org. For other questions about the application procedure, please contact the Recruitment department on (088) 564 0000 or email@example.com
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.