Security Engineer – Space Unit
Delivering secure, reliable and innovative solutions. We help clients implement complex, mission-critical space software systems to address fast-changing market dynamics and business demands.
Do you like to broaden your horizon in an international environment and develop your career with a new perspective and exciting opportunity to play a part in bringing Galileo, Europe’s new satellite navigation system, into operational use?
CGI Space Netherlands is looking for a Security Engineer to join our client locations in Czech Republic or France.
Your day-to-day activities
The aim of this work is to follow the activities related to the security, contributing to the preparation of security accreditation and supporting the development of cyber security activities to our client for European space programs.
• support to the definition, review and update of security policies and processes, analyze
• support to the preparation, review and update of the technical security documentation
and security operating procedures
• support the security system development follow up, system qualification and acceptance activities
• review and update of the existing security documentation, review of the internal compliance to the existing documentation
• support to the review of the security documentation related to the system and other facilities
• support to the evaluation of the proposals related to solutions for the service center and other facilities
• analyze changes to the system in operation and provide an assessment of their adequacy and impact on the system qualification
• drafting of security requirements, flow-down of security requirements
• follow up the services security implementation, milestones and validation activities
• support in the definition of security guidelines, technical notes and policies
• supporting the development of cyber security auditing activities for the other space components, monitor and control system certification related activities in support of the space program
What you need to be successful in this role
• University Education or Master’s Degree in systems engineering, aerospace engineering, physics, science
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working performing the activities mentioned
• Familiar with security standards and quality standards such as ISO 27001
• Knowledge and/or experience of space system engineering or operations activities
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English
• Result orientation, operational efficiency, fostering cooperation
• Enjoying team working, especially in a multi-cultural environment
• In possession of or able to obtain security clearance at EU Secret level, implying EU Member States citizen
• Ability to travel when needed to other locations
Your working environment
With almost 40 years in the industry, CGI Space> is a growing business with exciting projects and prospects across the Navigation, Security, Earth Observation and Satcoms domains. We currently have around 500 members working on projects in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands. You will get the opportunity to work for Galileo. Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control. The system is still under development and has recently entered the Exploitation Phase.
We offer you a permanent contract, so that you immediately have job security. Part-time work, for example 32 or 36 hours per week, is negotiable, we are happy to offer you that flexibility. In addition, we feel it is important that everyone at CGI feels like the owner of his or her own work. Literally owner, because at CGI you get the opportunity to become a shareholder and thus share in our successes.
We also believe it’s important that you stay inspired, do the things you enjoy and continue to develop. Our CGI Academy offers a wide range of relevant training courses. What else we have to offer: a place in a close-knit team of professionals where we share responsibility for the development of our clients and employees. A team with which we can exceed customer expectations and put ourselves on the map within and outside of CGI. A role in our CGI story!
Are you ready to be part of our story?
Apply now! We will contact you as soon as possible.
We do not cooperate with external Recruitment parties.
Acquisition due to our vacancies is therefore not appreciated.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.