Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. Operating in hundreds of locations across the globe, CGI delivers end-to-end services and solutions, including strategic IT and business consulting, systems integration, intellectual property, and managed IT and business process services.
CGI has the clout and size to shape even the most ambitious IT careers. Because we are a stable and growing organization, we can offer you excellent opportunities to work in a supportive environment on projects that actually have an impact on our world.
What are you going to do?
- As an experienced Earth Observation Applications Engineer, you have knowledge of the use of Earth observation data in various applications for various customers.
- You are responsible for developing and maintaining systems with your focus on the technical aspects of the applications.
- You design new systems or improve existing ones.
- You link your substantive knowledge and experience to creativity and problem-solving skills.
- You are involved in several projects in which you are jointly responsible for the deployment and development of a team of specialists.
- You ensure that you keep your knowledge up to date and you are a leader in your field.
- You have no problem standing in front of a group to defend your approach.
What to bring
- You have an extraordinary interest in the Remote Sensing Industry.
- You see applications and customer areas beyond your direct knowledge and experience as a challenge.
- You have an affinity with software and IT applications and are interested in the implementation and commercial benefits of using applications.
- You are proactive, aim for your goal and enjoy achieving results together with your team.
- A master’s degree with a focus on Remote Sensing, Geo Information Systems, Information Technology or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of relevant work experience, of which 3 years as a senior Earth Observation
Applications Engineer or equivalent;
- Demonstrable work experience in the Remote Sensing Industry / market.
Where do you end up?
As an Application Engineer you will work within our Space team. Exploration of the universe. Disaster response support. Better navigation. These are just some of the important applications that space systems have brought us. Their significance is increasing due to the growth in the number of satellite applications.
Space organizations are constantly looking for ways to make their investments valuable to our society. At the same time, they must arm themselves against the increasing number of digital threats.
As CGI we play a connecting role in this. CGI has decades of experience building software based systems for our aerospace customers. With the arrival of GALILEO and the COPERNICUS program, the use of those systems has become a high priority. CGI aims to apply the knowledge of and experience with aerospace data for their broad spectrum of customers in the aerospace, government and commercial sector.
We want to get the best out of you
When you start working at CGI, you will challenging workplace with professional colleagues and you are the building block within a close-knit community. We stimulate you in your development and offer you plenty of room for this. Continuing to grow is self-evident.