Ground Segment Engineer – Space Unit
Delivering secure, reliable and innovative solutions. We help clients implement complex, mission-critical space software systems to address fast-changing market dynamics and business demands.
Do you like to broaden your horizon in an international environment and develop your career with a new perspective and exciting opportunity to play a part in bringing Galileo, Europe’s new satellite navigation system, into operational use?
CGI Space Netherlands is looking for a Ground Segment Engineer to join our client locations in Czech Republic or France.
Your day-to-day activities
The aim of this work is to provide Engineering support to our client for European space programs in the design, development and exploitation phase.
Tasks and activities shall cover:
• review of System and Ground Segment Requirements and Design Documentation
• evaluate functional and physical architecture design choices
• evaluate requirements traceability and compliancy
• monitor and coordinate system qualification and certification related activities in support of the space program
• elaborate and maintain requirements applicable to the service and system evolutions, and verifying their implementation within the system design
• provide mission analyses and technical assessments related to procurements for infrastructure and services;
• perform interoperability activities, such as the elaboration of system design solutions and system impact analyses on the compatibility and inter- operability with other satellite navigation systems
• prepare proposals for new and updated mission and service requirements;
• follow-up technical matters related to the on-going contracts for infrastructure developments, deployment, operations, maintenance and hosting services
• understanding the needs of the clients;
What you need to be successful in this role
• University Education or Master’s Degree in systems engineering, telecommunications, electronics aerospace or software engineering;
• 5 years of experience with tasks mentioned and complex system infrastructure and operations
• Experience working in Navigation, Earth Observation or Satellite Communication Program
• Experience in complex management
• Experience with international standardization processes and institutions
• Enjoying team working, especially in a multi-cultural environment
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English
• Good organizational and planning skills, with a strong ability to work under strict deadlines
• In possession of or able to obtain security clearance at EU Secret level, implying EU Member States citizen
• Ability to travel when needed to other locations.
Your working environment
With almost 40 years in the industry, CGI Space is a growing business with exciting projects and prospects across the Navigation, Security, Earth Observation and Satcoms domains. We currently have around 500 members working on projects in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands. You will get the opportunity to work for Galileo. Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control. The system is still under development and has recently entered the Exploitation Phase.
Working for CGI will bring you an exciting and a challenging work floor with professional colleagues and you are the building block within a close-community. We encourage you in your development and offer you plenty of room for this. Your growth is self-evident.
We offer you a permanent contract, so that you immediately have job security. Part-time work, for example 32 or 36 hours per week, is negotiable, we are happy to offer you that flexibility. In addition, we feel it is important that everyone at CGI feels like the owner of his or her own work. Literally owner, because at CGI you get the opportunity to become a shareholder and thus share in our successes.
We also believe it’s important that you stay inspired, do the things you enjoy and continue to develop. Our CGI Academy offers a wide range of relevant training courses. What else we have to offer: a place in a close-knit team of professionals where we share responsibility for the development of our clients and employees. A team with which we can exceed customer expectations and put ourselves on the map within and outside of CGI. A role in our CGI story!
Are you ready to be part of our story?
Apply now! We will contact you as soon as possible.
We do not cooperate with external Recruitment parties.
Acquisition due to our vacancies is therefor not appreciated.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.