Delivering secure, reliable and innovative solutions. We help clients implement complex, mission-critical space software systems to address fast-changing market dynamics and business demands.
Secure Innovation is part of CGI’s Space, Defence and Intelligence business unit, focused primarily on the delivery of contemporary and innovative technical solutions for the government agencies most challenging problems. Our teams work alongside our clients to help them understand how to exploit technologies to maintain competitive advantage. Our systems are engineered for performance, security, reliability and scalability; built with modern CI and CD tooling and techniques. We are currently looking for an experienced cloud infrastructure engineer to join our team – being able to think outside of the box to overcome technical challenges is essential!
The role offers fantastic opportunities to work on leading edge and bespoke technologies within an interesting and highly rewarding environment. We are heavily committed to developing our members and provide excellent learning and development opportunities to ensure that your knowledge and skills keep pace with the evolving technology landscape. We engender a culture of innovation, collaboration and ownership; highly motivated self-starters thrive within our organisation. Although we would like candidates to have all the skills we need, we would consider high quality individuals who meet most of the criteria.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Architect to join a dynamic and innovative software development team. If you are passionate about software development and have a proven track record in technical leadership, software architecture, and cloud-based solutions, then we would love to hear from you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the technical design and architecture of software solutions, ensuring they meet business requirements and align with the organisation’s technology strategy.
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to the development team, ensuring they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to analyse, design, develop, test, and deploy software solutions that meet business requirements.
- Ensuring that all code meets the defined coding standards and best practices and conducting code reviews to provide feedback and improve code quality.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of a continuous integration and delivery pipeline that ensures code is automatically tested and deployed to production.
- Leading the team in debugging and troubleshooting issues that arise during testing and working with cross-functional teams to resolve them.
- Keeping up to date with the latest industry trends and best practices in software development, particularly in relation to software architecture, design patterns, event driven architecture, and cloud-based solutions
- Managing project timelines and ensuring that deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Communicating project status and technical issues to stakeholders and identifying and addressing any risks or roadblocks to project success.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Proven experience in software development with a focus on technical leadership and architecture.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions, ideally with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with event driven architecture and microservices.
- Experience with software architecture and design patterns, and a deep understanding of system design principles.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and practices, particularly Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, AWS Code Build/Deploy or TekTron.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills, with the ability to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly evolving requirements and priorities.
- Ansible experience.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools.
- Familiar with queuing systems such as Kafka/Rabbit MQ
- Experience of security protocols such as PKI, TLS etc
- Certifications on Amazon Web Services, including Technical Architect, Developer, Google Cloud or Azure
Security Clearance: Must be UK national – and either hold, or willing to gain higher level Security Cleared (SC).
Working pattern: due to the secure nature of the work we are operating with a hybrid working policy. We would expect our members to be in their local office as and when required. Some travel to other CGI or client sites might be required (all travel away from your base office is expensed)
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.
- Cloud Computing
- Technical Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.