Delivering secure, reliable and innovative solutions. We help clients implement complex, mission-critical space software systems to address fast-changing market dynamics and business demands.
Opportunity to work in a mature agile environment to develop cloud deployed micro-services based architecture supporting an aerospace client. Use a variety of skills and languages in a fast paced, cutting-edge environment where your voice can be heard to better process and team interactions – and overall “how things get done”.
Looking for the following qualities:
- Resourcefulness – ability and desire to dig in to solve problems,
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and grow while having fun on a dynamic team,
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients and team members in other locations,
- Leadership – ability to provide leadership within the team,
- Personable and able to have a laugh while being focused to work towards deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Pointing user stories
- Working within scrum teams consisting of PO, SM, other engineers, and testers
- Understanding requirements within user stories and developing solutions
- Owning user stories and working independently
- Troubleshooting and working within a team structure of 5 – 10 team members
- Unit testing work
- Ability to do more complex testing on user stories (that you didn’t code) when the team needs to swarm at end of sprint
- Deploying into a pipeline
- Being client-facing, so excellent written and verbal communication as well as business acumen
- Raising and mitigating risks within a team
Overcoming issues – resourcefulness!
Required qualification to be successful in this role:
The successful candidate will have experience within an agile environment (preferably SAFe Agile) and will have experience with a combination of back end and front end development utilizing some of the following:
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Postgres, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, Restful services
- Eureka, Kibana, ActiveMQ, IntelliJ, Jenkins technical environment.
- typescript, nodejs, twitter bootstrap
- Nice to have: Python, Ruby, Angular
- US Citizenship is required by Government contracting requirements
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, as is the ability to provide leadership on a team.
- Postgres, Spring boot, Cloud Foundry, Restful services, Eureka, Kibana, ActiveMQ, IntelliJ, Jenkins, typescript, nodejs, twitter bootstrap
- 10+ years of SW engineering
- Analytical skills: Detail oriented with ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose
- high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests
- from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Organizational skills: Ability to work with the information gathered during requirements analysis and to exercise flexibility with changing business priorities
- Interpersonal skills: Must be able to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among representatives from various business and development teams
- Works will with others,
- delivers positive energy to their team
Time Management skills:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and consistently meet deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $ – $110,000.00 – $160,000.00.
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations.
- User stories
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.