Space in Africa produces authoritative business and market analysis reports for the African Space and Satellite Industry segments.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee our company’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of the business. The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Managing Director.
You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you. The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Develop proposals for new businesses
- Participate in expansion activities
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising and business development will be a plus
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Must be based in Africa.
- Sc or M.B.A. is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the space industry is an advantage