Clearbox Systems is a privately owned Australian company specialising in the development of new technology and implementation techniques for the Operations and Management of Communications Networks and the Electromagnetic Spectrum.
About the Business
Here at Clearbox Systems, we work in partnership with Industry and Government to provide cost effective
solutions and in-service support capabilities to support our clients.
Our Business Lines include Satellite Communications, Space Domain Awareness, Secure Communications, ISREW and Broadcast, Media and Telco.
Clearbox Systems continues to win a diverse range of projects for Military, Government and Commercial customers in Australia and Internationally.
To assist in delivery, we are seeking an experienced Project Manager ready to contribute to a fast paced
environment to lead the execution of these projects.
Reporting to the Project Director, this is a Project Manager role to work full-time on a number of projects. The projects have a diverse set of stakeholders and due to the nature of the engagement, resource and demand forecasting will be challenging, so candidates should be highly organised and comfortable making timely decisions to adjust to changing priorities.
The work is meaningful, the culture is relaxed and inclusive, and we are keen to help you reach your career goals through training and development. So, come work for a rapidly growing technology company solving complex problems for communications networks and the electromagnetic spectrum.
- To lead execution technology-based projects accountable under broad direction from the PMO.
- Elevate the performance of cross-functional teams including Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Hardware Developers, Scientists and Project Support.
- Collaborate between a broad range of stakeholders to ensure project scope is delivered within the agreed time, budget, and quality parameters as defined by the organisation.
- Work the customer everyday to ensure their goals are being met.
Security Clearance Negative Vetting 1
Mobility May be required to travel interstate
Skills and Experience
- This role requires an Australian Citizenship and the candidate must be eligible to be sponsored for a Negative Vetting 1 Australian Government Security Clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
- 5-10 years demonstrated experience in project administration, support, and coordination activities.
- 5+ years’ experience in Defence or Defence Industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in complex procurement processes (i.e. ASDEFCON Contracting suite), Request for Tenders processes, and contract management. Including experience in deliverables-based contracts.
- Ability to multi-task and support various project elements simultaneously.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project, including being proficient in the use of and
development/on-going maintenance of project schedules for complex projects.
- Assist with budget preparation and project forecasting activities.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, including delivering projects in an Agile environment.
- Proven experience in preparing and reviewing submissions and reports concerning activities and milestones.
- Proven experience in developing presentations and formatting documents.
- Formal qualifications in project management
- Proven ability to proactively manage risks and issues and minimise the impacts throughout the lifecycle of a project. Advise senior management on issues, providing solution options, and implementing management decisions to resolve issues or problems as they arise.
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Demonstrated experience in scheduling of Defence Acquisition (or other complex) projects