Clearbox Systems is a privately owned Australian company specialising in the development of new technology and implementation techniques for the Operations and Management of Communications Networks and the Electromagnetic Spectrum.
About the Business
At Clearbox Systems we are on a mission to use technology to develop new and better techniques for the Operations and Management of Communications Networks and the Electromagnetic Spectrum.
Success for us is when our customers are able to better use their resources to deliver outstanding service to their customers.
We work in partnership with Industry and Government to provide cost-effective technology solutions and in-service support capabilities to support our clients.
Clearbox Systems is a global leader in the design and delivery of SATCOM Ground Segment solutions, whether it be Groundstation/Terminal Network design and deployment, or the Control Segment.
In particular, Clearbox Systems has been actively developing its SATCOM Control Segment offering for over a decade. Using locally developed products integrated with world-leading partner products we deliver a system-of-systems approach to combined Space and Ground SATCOM operations.
We deliver our SATCOM solutions to Government, Military, Satellite Operator and NewSpace customers. We are seeking an experienced SATCOM leader to take charge of our SATCOM program to maintain our leadership and take our solutions to the next level.
You will report to the Executive Director and have a broad remit to shape the technology and delivery of our SATCOM business. Strong SATCOM operational experience and technical skills are required, and you will also undertake significant customer and stakeholder interaction, so strong communications skills are a must.
- Drive the technology development of our products and solutions, including coordinating resources within the SATCOM Team.
- Drive program delivery of our products and solutions, including coordinating resources with our R&D, Engineering and Project teams.
- Ensure alignment of our SATCOM offering across active programs, campaigns and R&D.
- Contribute to the sales of our products and solutions by dealing with existing and potential customers in support of the Business Development team.
- Drive the formation of partnerships with industry, academia and government to further SATCOM technology development.
- Speak at conferences and provide thought leadership in Australia and globally for ISREW solutions.
Skills and Experience
- This role requires an Australian Citizenship and candidates must be eligible to be sponsored for a Negative Vetting 1 Australian Government Security Clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
- 10+ years demonstrated SATCOM experience with a focus on the Control Segment.
- 5+ years’ experience in Defence or Defence Industry.
- Qualifications in a technical or engineering discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to manage high pressure situations.
- Strong stakeholder communication and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously.
- Past success in developing and shaping SATCOM solutions.
- Experience in contributing to bids and proposals.
- Existing global SATCOM professional network.
- Experience and expertise in RF, Electronics, Space and Software Development
What we offer
The work is meaningful, the culture is relaxed and inclusive, and we are keen to help you reach your career goals through mentoring, training, and development. Clearbox Systems embraces diversity and equal opportunity and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
You will enjoy:
- A rapidly growing business with the opportunity to shape a whole business line.
- The opportunity to great team where you are empowered to lead.
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- Attractive package with modern employment conditions
CBX Job Code CBX-SATCOM-004