Clearbox Systems is a privately owned Australian company specialising in the development of new technology and implementation techniques for the Operations and Management of Communications.
About the Business
At Clearbox Systems we are on a mission to use technology to develop new and better techniques for
the Operations and Management of Communications Networks and the Electromagnetic Spectrum.
Success for us is when our customers are able to better use their resources to deliver outstanding
service to their customers.
We work in partnership with Industry and Government to provide cost-effective technology solutions
and in-service support capabilities to support our clients.
Clearbox Systems is making significant internal investment in our Space Domain Awareness (SDA)
technology as well as securing external funding and customer contracts to drive the program forward.
We are seeking a Software/Aerospace Engineer to be a key member of the SDA R&D Team.
You will report to the SDA Lead and work on designing and implementing the firmware and software
elements of our technology.
This role is open for Canberra, Sydney or Adelaide and may require some travel domestically and
- Perform research to contribute to the technology development of our SDA products and solutions.
- Collaborate with partners in industry, academia and government to further technology development.
- Generate software to implement prototype products and solutions to accompany the technology development.
Skills and Experience
- This role requires an Australian Citizenship and candidates must be eligible to be sponsored for a Negative Vetting 1 Australian Government Security Clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
- Undergraduate Engineering Qualification (Aerospace, Software, Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications, RF, Space, Mechatronics or similar)
- Experience in the field of Space Domain Awareness with knowledge of astrodynamics and orbital mechanics.
- Strong programming skills in Python or comparable languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously.
- Experience working with sensor data from SDA sensors
- Knowledge of techniques and algorithms to perform orbit determination
- FPGA development skills
- Experience with OpenGL or similar
- Experience and expertise in RF communications and electronics
What we offer
The work is meaningful, the culture is relaxed and inclusive, and we are keen to help you reach your career goals through mentoring, training, and development. Clearbox Systems embraces diversity and equal opportunity and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
You will enjoy:
- A rapidly growing business with the opportunity to shape a whole business line.
- The opportunity to great team where you are empowered to lead.
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- Attractive package with modern employment conditions
CBX Job Code CBX-ENG-003