Clearbox Systems is a privately owned Australian company specialising in the development of new technology and implementation techniques for the Operations and Management of Communications Networks and the Electromagnetic Spectrum.
Here at Clearbox Systems, we work in partnership with Industry and Government to provide cost effective
solutions and in-service support capabilities to support our clients.
Our Business Lines include Satellite Communications, Space Domain Awareness, Secure Communications, ISREW and Broadcast, Media and Telco.
About the Role
Clearbox Systems continues to win a diverse range of projects for Military, Government and Commercial customers in Australia and Internationally. These projects include significant software development components.
To assist in delivery, we are seeking an early career Software Developer who will be confident in applying their knowledge of programming concepts to work with the team to design and build solutions for complex problems.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, but shifting teams on a project/product basis, you will be helping with all aspects of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering, design and development through to testing, and through life support. Teams consist of Product Managers, Systems Engineers, Software Leads and Software Developers.
Security Clearance Negative Vetting 1
Mobility May be required to travel interstate
Skills and Experience
- This role requires an Australian Citizenship and the candidate must be eligible to be sponsored for a Negative Vetting 1 Australian Government Security Clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Software Developer
- Strong programming skills in Java or comparable languages
- Experience with Angular, React, or similar web frameworks
- Experience working with large code bases
- Experience working in a collaborative development team environment with developers at a variety of levels
- Understanding of and experience implementing Design patterns
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL (e.g. Postgres)
- Experience with Distributed Version Control Systems (e.g. Git)
- Experience with Microservices and specifically, Kubernetes, Jenkins X and Apache Kafka