Better solutions for the Operations of Communications Networks
About the Business
Clearbox Systems is a privately owned Australian company specialising in the development of new technology and implementation techniques for the Operations and Management of Communications Networks and the Electromagnetic Spectrum. Here at Clearbox Systems, we work in partnership with Industry and Government to provide cost-effective products, services, and in-service support capabilities to our clients.
We are seeking two Software Engineers / Developers to join our Technology Department. The department is responsible for forward-looking research and development, product ownership, and providing subject matter expertise across the business.
The roles are available to candidates in Canberra, Sydney or Adelaide and are full time or part time permanent positions.
The work is meaningful, the culture is relaxed and inclusive, and we are keen to help you reach your career goals through mentoring, training, and development. Clearbox Systems embraces diversity and equal opportunity and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
If this sounds interesting to you, come work for a rapidly growing technology company solving complex problems for communications networks and electromagnetic spectrum.
About the Position
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will work as part of a team to standardise and improve product development practices within the business. The team will investigate the latest technologies, tools and processes and evaluate them through targeted software development campaigns. The team will support the engineering department in transitioning existing products to use the new and improved practices.
You will have a well-rounded full stack software development skill set, experience working in an Agile development team, and delivering software using a DevOps approach. We are looking for people who are passionate about using the latest technologies, enthusiastic to learn about and apply their skills across a broad range of areas, and interested in getting involved in the whole product lifecycle. This is your chance to take on a highly impactful role and develop your career in a successful and exciting technology company!
- Investigating, evaluating, and reporting on software technologies and tools.
- Performing both front and backend software product development as part of an Agile team.
- Participating in planning and product road mapping activities.
- Working with domain experts and product owners within the business to understand product and domain concepts.
- Working with the engineering department to transform existing products.
- Working with the business development team to direct the selection of or development of new product lines and variants for future opportunities.
Skills and Experience
- This role requires an Australian Citizenship and the candidate must be eligible to be sponsored for a Negative Vetting 2 Australian Government Security Clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
- Demonstrated experience across a range of Software Engineering activities in the development of large or complex software components.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience building web applications.
- An Engineering or Computer Science degree.
- Experience working with an Agile development process.
- Experience using and configuring CI/CD tools.
- Experience delivering software using a DevOps approach.
- Experience with both microservice and monolithic architectures.
- Experience in the design, implementation, verification, and documentation of software components under the direction of a supervisor.
- An interest in UI and UX design
- Experience with React
- Experience with data driven applications
What we offer:
- A growing business were opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- Attractive package.