Part of the Eiffage Group (70 000p, 18b€), which is a key player on Ground Segment for Aeronautics & Space in Europe, Clemessy Netherlands BV is a Services Center that has been recently created to provide Maintenance & Engineering Support to our main customers : Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineering (RAMS & ILS) and AIT/Operations Support.
Located in Noordwijk (NL), we offer a rewarding work environment with high skilled opportunities on all the main European programs, while maintaining an employee-focused atmosphere.
For our customer, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are currently looking for 2 Solar Generators Engineers to work at ESTEC, the ESA Technical Center in Noordwijk (NL).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In the TEC-EPG section, the main tasks are to provide ESA with functional support in the field of space solar generator design, manufacturing and testing covering solar cells, photovoltaic assembly processes and components, solar generator subsystems, environmental effects models, testing methods and test facilities.
The tasks will include:
- Provision of functional support to ESA satellite projects.
- Monitoring of qualification and test programs for body mounted and deployable solar arrays utilizing advanced solar cells.
- Supervision of industrial contracts for research and development of solar cells and modules (including next generation multi-junction solar cell and solar generator technologies, concentrator systems and experiments on space environmental effects on the solar generators).
- Assistance to the EPG section team on solar array related design and qualification issues and in the execution of characterization and environmental tests of solar cells, modules and solar generators.
SPECIFIC COMPETENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
Applicants should have:
- An Educational background in Electrical Engineering or Semiconductor Physics
- Experience in multi-junction space solar cells and in space photovoltaic assembly (PVA)
- Knowledge of the main characterization and environmental tests for space solar cells and solar generators
- Familiarity with European Space Standard (ECSS) requirements would be important asset
The working language is English, and French would be appreciated.
Clemessy Netherlands BV, with on-site full-time position in ESTEC premises (Noordwijk, NL).
Travels in Europe can be requested.
ESTIMATED START DATE