Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals.
Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth’s surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
We are in search of a person who can mesh tech know-how with the business needs to help us navigate all our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and everything in between. Someone with experience in cloud-based tech and a firm grasp of Logging technologies, platforms and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to help us grow in terms of observability, reliability and scalability of our systems.
In this role, you will:
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide scalable operations on Cloud Platforms.
- Building and designing web services deployment strategies in the cloud.
- Selecting appropriate Cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements.
- Working in tandem with our software teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Helping to Migrate complex, multi-tier applications on Cloud Platforms
- Maintaining data integrity by implementing proper access control for cloud services.
- Strategizing a recovery plan to compensate for possible downtime or failure scenarios.
- Identifying potential bottlenecks in applications’ performance.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Managing network-related workloads including DNS and VPNs.
- Automates infrastructure, systems configuration and orchestration using tools such as Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc.
- Establish, maintain and evolve concepts in continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for existing and new projects.
- Managing and optimizing the Continuous Integration infrastructure.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Implementing cost-control strategies
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed.
What we value
- Azure, AWS, GCE. You should be familiar with at least one of these.
- Experience with the Azure/AWS/GCE CLI.
- Experience on the orchestration of containers (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Good understanding of monitoring resources and services on Cloud environments (standard monitoring knowledge is a requirement, and knowledge of third party tools such as ELK, Influx, Grafana).
- Cloud Virtualization, Storage, Networking experience.
- Disaster Recovery, High Availability, Fail Over and Redundancy.
- Experience with troubleshooting in networking and web standards such as VPNs, DNS, HTTP/S, web security mechanisms, proxies, Load Balancers.
- Database engineering and design for storage-based and transactional applications.
- Proven Experience in automation using (Shell, Python, Terraform, Ansible, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of web services, API, REST.
- Strong knowledge on Linux Operating Systems deploy, administration, support and security.
- Experience in configuring and managing continuous integration systems (Gitlab).
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.