Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) – we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth.
Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest.
To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is it’s people. We are seeking passionate, highly-skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic, technically challenging environment where they will be given ownership of processes from start-to-finish.
CNC Operator (2nd Shift)
The primary responsibility of the CNC Operator/Programmer is to maintain and operate the CNC machines to build flight-ready hardware that meet Rocket Lab specifications at the needed rate.
- Read and translate drawings/CAD models
- Provide feedback to improve work instructions.
- Work to improve CNC programs and maintain tolerances.
- Develop fixtures and setups to enable more efficient production of hardware.
- Provide/receive feedback to CMM operator.
- Work to reduce any non-conformances found by quality or engineering.
- Help to qualify and commission new CNC and CNC related equipment.
- Help to schedule work through the CNC, accounting for lead times, yield, and required delivery cadence.
- Provide ideas on batch sizes, setups, etc.
- Track calibration and maintenance of all equipment and tooling in the area.
- Provide training and development to future employees in the department.
Essential Skills / Experience
- 2+ years of experience with CNC operation
- Experienced in designing custom tooling/fixtures
- The ability to interpret drawings
- The ability to learn quickly and able to work productively without direct supervision
- Experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
Preferred Skills / Experience
- CNC programming experience
- Experience in avionics or aerospace manufacturing
- Health & Safety
- Ensure health and safety policies and standard operating procedures are followed
- Correct PPE is worn in designated areas
- Near misses and incidents are reported promptly
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality.