Blue Origin is empowered by a vision where millions of people are living and working in space. To achieve our vision, we are developing reusable rocket engines and launch vehicles that will dramatically lower the cost of access to space. Driven by our motto, Gradatim Ferociter or “step by step, ferociously,” our incremental approach builds upon each success as we develop ground-breaking spaceflight systems. We don’t just build rockets—we build a culture around methodical innovation and exploration.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for development and modification of NC programs for mill, lathes and multi axis machines for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of producing accurate programs, set-up sheets and tool lists enabling first article success on tight tolerance high value parts. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Development of machining strategy to take design data and produce machined hardware
- Develop manufacturing Mills/Lathes/Multi Axis Mills and Multi Axis Lathes/VTLs
- Concept manufacturing plans
- Develop programs
- Design custom tools and fixtures as needed
- Develop set-up sheets
- Communicate with designers and machinists
- Design for manufacture feedback
- Make-buy decision support + machine time estimates
- Process improvement (both machining actual inputs and administrative process changes)
- Maintain configuration control on files and job records
- Safely working within an industrial environment
- Material sizing
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- This position requires a minimum of 6 years of experience in NC Programming
- Excellent blue print reading skills including GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard
- Tools fixture design
- Set-up sheet creation
- Determining initial feeds and speeds
- Cutter selection and when needed cutter design
- 5 years of machining experience
- Design for manufacture experience
- Excellent Communication
- Must have Stainless Steel and Aluminum experience
- Fluent in use of precision hand tools and familiar with use of personal computers
- Individual must be self-motivating to prioritize work to meet project completion dates
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- MasterCam X8 or higher experience preferred
- Nickel based alloys, copper, Ti exp
- Vericut or other program verification software experience
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware
- CMM programming/operation
- Faro arm experience
- Setup and operate CNC machines
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.