With nearly two decades of sub-orbital launch experience and technology development, VECTOR needs your help in taking the next steps to push space boundaries.
Innovation in space occurs when people have the freedom to imagine and to do. We are looking for other thought leaders in their fields of expertise who also believe in our vision and can work beside us to make this dream a reality. The CNC Programmer/ Machinist will be responsible for programming and operating CNC machines, as well as operation of manual machines. This role is for a dynamic, self-starting individual with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position located at our facility in Tucson, AZ, with very limited travel required to our Engineering office in Huntington Beach, CA.
A typical day might include the following:
- Must be able to take a 3D CAD model, produce machining files from it, and execute the machining steps.
- Will be required to set up an in-house machine shop with focus on process flow and efficiency.
- Ability to independently set up CNC machines, including selecting tooling, fixtures, etc.
- Required to be knowledgeable in inspection techniques, and have experience with a Romer arm, or similar.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineers and provide machining support for them on developmental builds.
- Collectively collaborate with the Engineering team to drive internal and external continuous process improvements to enhance efficiency and implement cost-saving programs
- Be able to provide rough cost estimates for in-house vs. out-of-house machining comparisons
- Experience with GD&T
- Be able to plan, program, setup, and operate a variety of CNC mills and lathes
- Must be able to read and write G-Code
- Experience with Mitsubishi controls is a plus
- Good understanding of general production targets for safety, quality, efficiency, and cost
- Understanding of production for automotive or aerospace industries
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to explain technical topics succinctly
- Ability to be given tasks and can work independently and/or in groups to meet milestones
- Willing to travel approximately <10% to Huntington Beach, CA facility to support test campaigns and support program reviews is likely.
- VECTOR strongly believes in the power of the individual and seeks people who share our passion for innovating, building and flying
This job might be for you if you have these:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years CNC machining experience
- Familiar with Teamcenter and NX
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
It would be impressive if you also have these:
- BIG vision to reshape the multi-billion launch market
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be part of an innovative team that designs, builds and flies rockets? Put your skills to work and see if you have what it takes to become a part of the new frontier of rocket science.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
VECTOR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.