Your mission at CNES:
Within the Technical Sub-Directorate of Space Transport Systems of the Launchers Directorate of CNES, the “Backup, Performance and Flight Control” service (SDT/SPC) defines the algorithms necessary for flight control, defines the validation plans for these on-board algorithms, conducts system engineering work in the fields of trajectories / performance, flight mechanics and flight backup. He is also responsible for the methods and models required for theft backup and for the development of the associated tools.
The CNES Launchers Department is recruiting a Flight Backup Engineer in Paris.
Is it a priority for you to be able to send satellites into space in complete safety for populations? Join us, this position is for you!
You are responsible for evaluating the risks generated by the vehicle in question and the mission envisaged, with respect to populations, property, the environment and public health. To this end, you implement the reference business tools, you characterize the behavior of the launchers’ flight control in the event of failure as well as the risks generated by the neutralization of the latter. You define the best backup strategies to put in place and adapt the assessment methodologies to new issues.
You are a force of proposal to develop tools and methods. In this context, you carry out foresight activities on the safeguard methods implemented by the launch bases around the world and the associated regulations.
You carry out software development work for certain business tools in the backup theme and provide expertise during their industrialization with a view to their implementation by the flight backup operational managers of the Guyanese Space Center.
To apply :
Send your application: CV and cover letter,
Answer the 3 AssessFirst questionnaires on your personality, your motivations and your professional aptitudes by clicking on the following link: https://afir.st/wqmXx
Profile of candidate sought:
- General engineer, you have a minimum professional experience of 3 years in the field of launchers (and more particularly in the field of flight safety or, failing that, experience in the field of flight control of launchers).
- Technical knowledge on one or more of the following themes would be a plus: ballistics, localization / trajectography (inertial measurements or GNSS), explosion physics, structural failure physics, aerodynamics, aerology.
- In addition to having excellent interpersonal skills, you demonstrate good analytical and synthesis skills.
- You are recognized for your critical thinking, your sound judgment and your curiosity.
- You have an attraction for software development and you master or quickly know how to master the following programming languages: Fortran, ADA, Java.
- Knowledge of the following languages would be a plus: C ++, Matlab, Scilab and Python.
- You are rigorous, organized, autonomous with a sense of responsibility, so join our team!
- Fluent English is essential.
EXPERIENCE: 2 to 5 years
LEVEL OF STUDIES: Master, DESS, DEA, Bac + 5