The National Centre for Space Studies is the French government space agency. Its headquarters are located in central Paris and it is under the supervision of the French Ministries of Defence and Research.
Guyana Space Center
DURATION: 1 to 18 months
WORKING TIME: Full time
EXPERIENCE: Less than 2 years
STUDY LEVEL: Master, DESS, DEA, Bac + 5
CNES, a great place to start your career!
Attached to the CNES / CSG Department, the Quality – Reliability Department guarantees the quality of the services provided by CNES / CSG on behalf of its customers during launch campaigns. It is a cross-functional service intervening in all fields of activity of the CSG: it ensures the application of the quality reference frame in and outside campaigns.
Tasks of the holder
After a qualification phase in the field of satellite preparation operations (satellite arrival at the airport, transport, satellite preparation activities in clean rooms, etc.), the incumbent will be required, as part of his mission, to ensure the position of quality assistant with the Director of Operations.
He/She will be integrated into the campaign team of the Director of Operations and will play an essential role in terms of risk management of operations carried out on satellites.
As such, he/she is responsible for:
- guarantee the quality of the services provided,
- prepare and actively participate in coordination meetings and technical meetings with satellite customers and launcher,
- provide a quality opinion on the treatment of anomalies,
- advise the Director of Operations and his team on the applicable rules,
Outside the campaign, substantive tasks will have to be carried out with a view to improving the performance of the quality processes of the launch base.
Taking into account the activities carried out on the satellites, the schedules will be arranged for work outside of conventional schedules.
Profile of candidate sought:
- Generalist or University Engineer.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the space or satellite field and in the Quality assurance field will be a plus.
- Fluent French, English: fluent.
Skills required to hold the position:
- Sense of responsibility,
- rigor in the work,
- critical spirit,
- great interpersonal and drafting qualities,
- holder of license B.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE