Come and join the space adventure at the Guyanese Space Center
Missions of the Quality- Reliability department
Reporting directly to the Directorate of the National Center for Space Studies / Guyanese Space Center (CNES / CSG), the Quality-Reliability department is a transversal department intervening in all areas of activity in and outside campaigns as well as within the framework of maintenance and evolution of systems.
The Quality-reliability department also ensures control of the operational safety characteristics of the infrastructures. It contributes to the maintenance and development of the quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001 and 14001 standards.
Missions of the holder
Reporting directly to the Director of the CSG, the head of the Quality-Reliability department is mainly responsible for:
- organize the activity of the service (around 14 people) and its industrial contractors,
- Process Performance and continuous improvement,
- provide support and advice to the Management Committee,
- participate in launches preparation reviews and represent Quality during launches;
The arrival of the Ariane 6 launcher, the development of European micro-launchers and technological demonstrators pave the way from New Space to Europe. In this context, the CSG is evolving to adapt flexibly, guarantee the availability of operational resources and reduce costs.
To meet these needs, the New Generation CSG project was born with an Operations Center bringing together operational launch campaigns, a new digital workspace, clean energy production sites, etc.
The incumbent will have to develop the Quality activities currently carried out in order to develop them to integrate them effectively into this new vision of the New Generation CSG.
Profile of candidate sought:
General engineer with solid skills in the field of:
- quality assurance,
- Lean method,
- factory 4.0,
- a good knowledge of the space world.
A minimum experience of:
- 5 years in team management,
- 10 years in the field of quality,
- 15 years in industry, ideally aeronautics or space.
- Fluent French/Fluent English
Skills required to hold the position
- Leadership quality,
- organizational capacity,
- team spirit and excellent human contacts,
- sense of responsibility,
- rigor in work,
- critical thinking
- spirit of analysis and synthesis.