The Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES), the French Space Agency, defines and executes France’s space policy under the joint auspices of the Ministry of Higher Education (in charge of space affairs) and the Ministry of Defense. CNES’ roadmap, called Ambition 2020, establishes five strategic priorities (Ariane, Sciences, Observation, Telecommunications and Defense) to strengthen the agency’s ability to innovate and maintain its status within the world’s major space powers. CNES also supports the French national space industry, including major contractors and smaller companies, in the expansion of export markets. The agency also has holdings in several commercial companies, offering State support to strategic activities.
CNES, a great place to start your career!
Under the hierarchical authority of the head of department, the incumbent is responsible for the activities of the Public Relations pole for internal and external targets, through visits, launches and events, ensuring their: coordination;planning; equitable distribution between communication officers and assistants; production.
In addition, he/she participates in the following activities:
- Ensure, as Public Relations Coordinator (RPCO), the coordination of the implementation of the human and technical resources necessary for the reception of VIPs in liaison with Arianespace, and Guyana guests on the launch observation sites;
- Propose to the head of service the assignments of launches within the team for the RPCO function and ensure the continuity of the mission;
- Ensure that public relations training for the various staff involved in support and supervision missions is carried out and that other training, including backup, is updated;
- Guarantee the availability of information supports given to guests during launches and propose the necessary changes;
- Ensure the quality monitoring of service providers in the context of launches (transport, audio-video, catering, etc.);Propose and implement any development aimed at simplifying and improving the launch coordination system.
- Organize and prepare programs and animation of specific visits to the base, including visits by officials or personalities
- Organize the memory of particular visits;
- Ensure, in conjunction with the contract holder “reception of the public”, the general coordination of the visits, the validation of the programs, the planning of the occupation of the sites, the implementation of the CSG technical means.
- Guarantee that the communication officers of the pole master the elements of language useful for guiding particular visits, in particular by coordinating their training.
Coordination of demonstrations and events:
- Ensure the operational interface with the services of the Rectorate and the world of education in Guyana for operations concerning this target;
- Ensure, in conjunction with the contract holder “reception of the public”, the coordination of events whose organization and realization has been delegated to him;
- Ensure good coordination and realization of events with the Press and Information department.
- Participate in the system set up as part of the management of visitors or launch guests.
The incumbent is also responsible for the following activities:
- Participate in the development of the communication plan;
- Follow up on files at the request of the Head of Service;
- Ensure the functional interim of the department head for the technical and operational aspects, as needed.
Profile of candidate sought:
Additional training and knowledge:
- Higher education (Bac + 4- / 5) in communication or in Social Sciences or equivalent
- Writing and popularizing scientific and technical capacities.
- of the professional and geographic environment,
- of the national, European and international space sector,
- of political, economic, social and cultural data of the local environment (Guyana),
- of the Internet,
- standard office software,
- standards ISO 9001/V 2000 and ISO 14001,
- knowledge of the CSG and its activities appreciated.
- Fluent English (read, written, spoken), other language desired
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience in space activities and popular science.
Skills required to hold the position
- Very good presentation,
- Sense of communication and interpersonal skills, diplomacy,
- Team spirit,
- Method, rigor and organization,
- Ability to coordinate activities and functional management,
- Autonomy, sense of responsibility, initiative,
- Fluency in oral (in French and English) and in writing,
- Intellectual curiosity,
- Taste of science and techniques,
Please attach a motivation letter + CV + diplomas