The Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES) is the government agency responsible for shaping and implementing France’s space policy in Europe.
CNES, a great place to start your career!
Reporting directly to the management of the Center National d’Etudes Spatiales / Center Spatial Guyanais (CNES / CSG), the Quality – Reliability Department guarantees the quality of the services provided by CNES / CSG on behalf of its customers during campaigns launch. It is a cross-functional service operating in all fields of activity of the CSG: it oversees the application of the quality reference system in current operation, during campaigns as well as in the context of maintenance and development of infrastructures. It ensures that the operating safety characteristics of the infrastructure under development and in operation are under control. It contributes to the maintenance and development of the quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001 and 14001 standards. It takes part in activities related to information control, in particular Documentation & Archives.
Placed under the authority of the head of the Quality-Reliability department, the person in charge has the following missions:
- Ensure the role of Quality Contact Person in interface with the technical services of the CSG.
As such, it is asked to:
- Intervene in the definition of new systems or equipment to provide the vision of risk management,
- Ensure the proper application of quality assurance rules in these services (management manual and quality reference documents),
- To implement continuous improvement by proposing the necessary methodological supports (Lean Management, Agile, etc.),
- To participate in regular activity reviews (Quadrestrial Assessment),
- Participate, if necessary, in the Anomaly Treatment Commissions (CTA) affecting the means and services of these services,
- To participate, as part of quality assurance, in the instruction, monitoring and reception of projects and requests for modification (DM) when these services are appointed as representative of the client / project manager,
- To organize as needed, reviews (CRM type) to boost the progress of the files in progress,
- To validate the Risk Analyzes of these services.
As part of the operational mission of the service, ensure the mission of AQO (Operation Quality Assistant) or AQO / A for approximately 2 campaigns per year.
As part of technical management, to participate, as necessary, in technical working groups and/or aimed at improving the processes, the quality reference system implemented at the CSG. He/She can also be asked to lead these working groups by applying their methodological skills, participating in area analyzes or surveys.
Under the Quality Management System, the incumbent also responsible for carrying out process and / or supplier quality audits.
He/she undertakes to apply for the activities which concern him/her the quality assurance rules in force at CNES / CSG.
The person in charge provides reporting to the Head of Service and his colleagues to share feedback and contribute to the efficiency of the organization.
Content of delegations
- The incumbent has delegation to advise on quality matters, particularly in the context of the studies entrusted to him.
- He/she has a mandate to share his internal QF expertise for the training of newcomers.
MAIN CHALLENGES FOR CNES
Main challenges for CNES (in terms of security, financial, technical, legal and image of the establishment)
- The activity of the holder in terms of quality and risk management is essential for maintaining the CNES / CSG’s technical resources in optimal operational conditions.
Profile of candidate sought:
EXPERIENCE: From 5 to 10 years
STUDY LEVEL: Master, DESS, DEA, Bac + 5
- General engineer mastering quality processes and methodology.
- Electrical systems and software and IT skills would be appreciated.
- Fluent French
- English: Minimum TOIC level 800
- Proven professional experience in the space or aeronautical field.
Skills required to hold the position
- Sense of rigor, critical intelligence, spirit of synthesis and method, diplomacy and ability to persuade, team spirit and excellent human contacts, sense of responsibility, autonomy, sense of organization, animation and reporting,
- Strong writing skills and proven oral expression,
- Strong methodological knowledge (Lean Management, Agile, Project quality, etc.).
Please attach a motivation letter + CV + diplomas