The National Centre for Space Studies is the French government space agency. Its headquarters are located in central Paris and it is under the supervision of the French Ministries of Defence and Research.
CNES, a company where it is good to start your career, you too, be part of the adventure!
Attached hierarchically to the Sub-Directorate in charge of Protection, Safeguarding and the Environment, the Environment and Safeguard Service is responsible for the Safeguarding of people, goods and the environment, during specimen and preparation and launch phases of spacecraft operated from the CSG.
To safeguard people, property and the environment on the ground, you are responsible for:
- to carry out the technical compliance check of the payloads (mainly atypical payloads such as scientific satellites, SpaceRider, etc.), interfaces with the launcher and their implementation at the CSG,
- participate in payload preparation campaigns,
- to carry out regulatory studies (EST work safety studies and EDD danger studies) of payload preparation units (EPCU), and to ensure the follow-up of these files and the related inspections of the General Directorate of Territories and the Sea (DGTM) and the Powder and Explosives Inspectorate (IPE),
- to participate in studies and projects related to developments in ground installations (installations, equipment, means of transport, etc.) and in the development of Ground Safeguarding methodologies.
Your main areas of study:
- safety of at-risk systems for space objects (satellite propulsion systems, etc.),
- risks associated with pyrotechnics and liquid propellants,
- safety analysis of complex electrical, mechanical, fluid, pyrotechnic systems,
- regulations (environmental code, pyrotechnic safety).
You are a privileged interlocutor for launch operators and satellite customers.
As a Crisis Backup Engineer, you will ensure an operational position on launch campaigns. To do this, you follow a qualification program following our internal training course.
Profile of candidate sought:
- General engineer graduated from a major school or university equivalent with a specialization in space systems and objects, you are comfortable expressing yourself in French and English (read, spoken, written).
- You have already acquired your first professional experience, ideally in the industrial sector of space systems and objects.
- Your ability to work in a team, your interpersonal skills and your technical expertise are as many assets to succeed in this position, as your self-control, your rigor, your spirit of synthesis.
- operational safety
WORKING TIME: Full time
EXPERIENCE: 2 to 5 years
STUDY LEVEL: Master, DESS, DEA, Bac + 5
Please attach a motivation letter + CV + diplomas