SCALABLE SATELLITE OPERATIONS YOU CAN TRUST
As the VP of U.S. Government Business Development, you will be responsible for pursuing business opportunities with various federal agencies, including US Space Force, the Space Development Agency, US SPACECOM, US Army, US Navy, DARPA, NGA, NRO, NASA, NOAA, and others. You will leverage your extensive network and background to engage with the USG, define our government strategy, build our pipeline of opportunities, and winning proposals. You will coordinate closely with the executive team for strategic positioning and grow the government BD team as the company expands.
Your objective is to shape our dual-use government offering in concert with our commercial offering, and significantly increase our footprint and contributions to government satellite operations. You will also be heavily involved in responding to solicitations (RFP, RFI, etc.) and shape the government’s roadmap.
What You’ll Do
- Pursue government business opportunities and win government contracts.
- Build and grow relations with government officials in DoD, IC, Civil space.
- Maintain government leads pipeline (CRM) and general landscape.
- Keep track of the competitive landscape.
- Develop a general strategy for government positioning.
- Coordinate with CEO and CTO for strategic positioning, forecast, and progress.
- Coordinate with project managers of active USG contracts.
- Direct proposal scope and content, coordinating with proposal writing services.
- Maintain and update customer use scenarios.
- Develop a government customer retention and satisfaction strategy.
- Stay up to date with government priorities and processes by attending workshops, conferences, and reviewing publications.
Traits we look for
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- US Citizenship required
- 8+ years of experience in government business development with a strong network in the federal government especially in satellite remote sensing and the use of space-based assets, with organizations like Space Force, SDA, NRO, NGA, and AF/Navy/Army space commands
- Track record of successfully winning government contracts
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to prepare and make quality presentations
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Experience in proposal writing
- A curious mindset in understanding the specific needs of the customers
- Very independent and have high integrity
- Master’s degree in engineering or technology field
- Experience with Pipedrive pipeline management
- DoD veteran
This position is a remote position, preferably in Los Angeles (CA), Colorado Springs (CO), or Washington D.C.
What We Can Offer
One of the most interesting aspects of working at a startup company is gaining equity in the company, which means our success is your success. In addition to equity in the form of options, we also offer:
- Base salary $110k to $180k with potential for annual conditional bonus
- Unlimited vacation days, company holidays, and company retreat
- Cost-effective health care, dental, and vision with company contributions
- 401K plan
- Life insurance
- Short term and long-term disability
ABOUT COGNITIVE SPACE
Cognitive Space Mission
The number of satellites is expected to grow by 20 times during the next ten years. Just as the telephone required automation a hundred years ago when demand exploded, we will not be able to operate satellites the same way we do today. And so, our mission is to apply the latest technology to effectively orchestrate the evolution of space.
Every new member we bring on is crucial to our business. We are building a team of all-stars, from exceptional aerospace engineers to cloud computing architects to machine learning and data science wizards. We recruit teammates that set very high standards for themselves and are quick to offer innovative ideas.
Seek excellence, be engaged, and foster trust. These values guide us and enable us to be at the forefront of this fast-moving market and build a company we are proud to be a part of.
We Work Amongst
We offer our product to satellite operators and work closely with other aerospace industry partners to reach our vision of an orchestrated space domain. We work with the government (DoD and Civil) and the commercial sector.