At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defence. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The primary responsibility of this role is to grow Collins’ Mission Systems business in Australia and New Zealand by: proactively identifying business leads; understanding our customers’ requirements and matching them to Collins solutions and capabilities; establishing and articulating the business case to internal stakeholders; leading complex pursuits; gathering competitive intelligence; and, generating Price to Win modelling.
The Manager, Business Development typically focuses on opportunities closing in the 1-3 year time frame but will also support longer term sales campaigns.
- Proactively sourcing new leads from key stakeholders including senior-level Defence end users and acquisition customers, Defence industry and government agencies;
- Identifying and capitalizing on common characteristics of Mission Systems customer requirements across the Five-Eyes nations (in particular, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Canada))
- Building powerful networks both internally and externally, including across the Collins International team, to develop and maintain relationships that will help Collins’ business objectives. Shaping customer thinking and converting new business prospects into active pursuits and driving these through to successful conclusion;
- Meeting and, ideally, exceeding sales targets, in line with Mission Systems strategy and orders plan, to fuel growth in Australia and New Zealand;
- Mobilising and leading capture teams consisting of Value Stream Management, Business Development, Engineering, Finance and Commercial SMEs, drawn from the global product line team across Collins Mission Systems internationally, and supporting the team for the duration of the pursuit.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of customer relationships and accounts;
- Maintaining Customer Resource Management tool (SalesForce) and providing timely and accurate sales reporting to leadership;
- Preparing and delivering sales presentations to customers and internal stakeholders;
- Establishing and clearly articulating the business case for new opportunities;
- Providing customer feedback to the business units to help shape future technology development;
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ Experience in customer-facing programs and pursuits with government and military customers;
- Experience with complex military integrated solutions and system-of-systems, such as datalinks, Joint Fires, and enterprise targeting, and integrated simulation systems
- A commitment to understanding our customers’ problems and requirements and working with them to develop and deliver innovative solutions;
- Proven track record of growing sales, orders and meeting yearly order intake target;
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline, business, marketing, program management or a related field;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language;
- A flair for ‘closing the deal’ and seeing a complex project through to a successful conclusion;
- Building and maintaining powerful networks in the customer community;
- Mobilizing and leading high performance, multi-disciplinary teams; and,
- Expectation for regular domestic and occasional international travel; and,
- Existing Australian security clearance, or ability to obtain Australian security clearance.
- A mix of military service and Defence & Security industry experience
- Business development experience in the military sphere across the Five Eyes nations
- Experience in Program Management in the government and military sector, both directly with government customers and indirectly through Prime contractors
- Working knowledge of SalesForce C360;
- Understanding of simulation/training concepts & solutions and/or military land systems; and,
- A technical degree, Master of Business Administration (MBA), or similar.
8640: Unit 8, 12 Mars Road, Lane Cove West, NSW 2066 Australia
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.