This position requires an energetic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated person willing to lead, promote, and drive key processes as a member of Collins Aerospace Supplier Quality Organization.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will provide support to the Current and New Programs at Organization related Supplier Quality Management, improvement of Suppliers’ Quality, as well as providing Quality interface, expertise and support to Suppliers and peer organizations. The ability to work well in a team environment is critical to the success of this role.
- Execute/Assist supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, supplier audits, escape management, supplier performance management and quality issue resolution processes.
- Ensure that supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including FAI, Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP) acceptance.
- Require and coach/train Suppliers to find root cause and implement sustainable corrective / preventive action on all supplier, manufacturing and Customer escapes/complaints using Quality tools with Continuous improvement initiates across Supplier base.
- Coordinate and maintain key relationships with Suppliers’ Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as Engineering, Procurement and support organizations
- Responsible for implementing Zero Defect Plans (ZDP) at critical suppliers as part of the larger Collins initiatives.
- Flexible to Travel for Supplier Visits on need basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Automobile Engineering.
- 2-5 years of quality experience in engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace.
- Knowledgeable / experienced in AS9100 / ISO 9001 Quality systems
- Working knowledge/ proficiency in Quality tools such as FAI, UPPAP, ETQP, PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA, SPC etc.
- Experienced in driving CAR and PAR and eliminating non-conformances at the Supplier level using Problem Solving tools.
- Exposure to handling International suppliers or customers.
- Practical ACE/Six Sigma experience or other Lean Systems experience a plus
- Prior experience in Supplier Quality Management is preferred
- Certified Six sigma YB/GB/Black belt, auditor certification is a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels of the organization and external stake holder.
- A strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Program or project management skills is preferred Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Benefits package includes:
- Transportation facility.
- Meal coupons
- Group Term Life Insurance.
- Group Health Insurance.
- Group Personal Accident Insurance.
- Entitled for 22 days of vacation and 7 days of contingency leave annually.
- Employee scholar programme.
- Work life balance.
- Car lease programme.
- National Pension Scheme
- Fuel & Maintenance /Driver wages
- Meal vouchers