- Applies scientific principles to innovate, design, develop, and implement technologies, components, sub-systems, machines, tools, and systems to ensure compliance to specifications and requirements.
- Designs major components / systems. Develops or improves products and facilitates manufacturing operations. Develops data and makes layouts, sketches, and notes for design proposals. Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
Organization Level Description
- Lead moderately sized projects.
- Typically viewed as subject-matter expert within discipline.
- Has advanced to expert knowledge of work area.
- Problems faced are difficult and often complex.
- Minimal oversight from manager.
- Coaches, reviews, and delegates work to lower-level professionals.
- Influences others regarding design process and procedures.
- Senior Design Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Designs major components, provides technical guidance to junior engineers, and makes recommendations to managements. Presents designs for engineering, technical and business reviews, and coordinates with other functions and organizations.
- Designs major components or portions of a functional system, technically advanced prototypes, and promotional or specific products that develop and improve products and facilitate engineering operations. Creates and presents designs in Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Critical Design Reviews (CDR) to ensure effectiveness, viability and quality of designs. Trains, instructs, and provides technical guidance to junior engineers to help them diagnose and solve problems and build technical and professional capabilities. Resolves design problems and makes recommendations to management to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of design activities.
- Sound Mechanical Engineering Fundamentals and experience design and development of aircraft structural components
- Should have application knowledge in GD&T (ASME Y14.5)
- Knowledge on Aircraft structural part design, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Communicates effectively with business units across globe (Excellent written and verbal communication is required for the purpose of achieving successful job performance)
- Willingness to work in extremely aggressive schedules, while still not neglecting the value of attention to details and subsequently delivering high quality work to the customers.
- Provide technical resolution to Engineering team (Mechanical Design & Analysis) and excellent in cross functional team collaboration.
- Preferred NX, TcUA (PLM)
- Microsoft office tools
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or Master’s degree in mechanical related discipline is desired.
- Total 10-15 years