Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
This opening is for Interiors software group at IDC for managing and directing a team of software engineers engaged in developing and testing software in the Lighting domain. In this role the engineering manager owns and drives software development and verification related activities, provide technical support, and proactively manage tasks to meet schedule goals. Responsible for resource utilization, resource development, delivery, conflict management, stakeholder management, team development planning, status reporting to leadership and other managerial responsibilities.
Position: Engineering Manager (M4)
- Providing strategic directions to the team to meet the expectations from the Business Unit
- Work with managers or supervisors within the software team to meet deliverables and organizational expectations
- Work with team managers or supervisors to estimate effort and specify schedules for software development and V&V activities.
- Set up metrics and monitor progress of all activities.
- Responsible for on time delivery and quality. Identify flags and handle escalations. Review all deliverables / reports generated by the team and suggest improvements.
- Will report to Senior Engg Mgr (SW) in Interiors organization
- Will coordinate with the BU and customers to execute the Lighting software development task and identify new opportunities
- Will work with multi-disciplinary teams such as project engineering, software engineering, electrical design, safety and reliability
- Will lead a team of software and system engineers in Requirement flow down, Design, software development and Verification
- Responsible for building up the Lighting software development and verification team
- Full time responsibility as technical and people manager
- Will be responsible for transition of Lighting software task to IDC and subsequent software development and verification effort
- Will be responsible for leading a team of development engineers working on Lighting software and verification
- Will need to scale up the team size to required level as the transition takes place
- 12-16 years of relevant Industry experience with experience in embedded development.
- B.Tech/M.Tech (Computer Science/Electronics)
- Experience in writing High Level Requirement and Software design
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in DO-178B/C
- Programming experience in C and Assembly languages
- Mandatory knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle and Project Management activities
- Model based development using MATLAB\Simulink\Stateflow
- Work experience on MS project plan, Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of RM tools like DOORS, JAMA, CM tools like SVN, ALM, RTC
- Modular Software Development experience – IMA
- Communication protocols like SPI, I2C, CAN, ARINC, PCIe, RS232/485, UART
- Loading and debugging on target using emulator\debugger tools
- Experience on RTOS, BSP, Scheduler, Device drivers
- Worked on ARM, PPC or Intel Processor — added advantage
- Participation in PDR, CDR and certification audits like SOI#2 — added advantage
- Development testing (HSIT and Emulator)
- Must be ready for travel to abroad on need basis
- Competence and Experience in implementing programming to support CAN protocol
Embassy Tech Village, 4th Floor Building 2B, Marathahalli, Devarabeesanahalli Village, Varthur Hobli, Bangalore, India
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.