LOC9008: United Technologies Research Center Ireland , 4th Floor, Penrose Business Center, Penrose Wharf, Cork – Ireland Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a global leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Collins Aerospace specializes in aerostructures, avionics, interiors, mechanical systems, mission systems, and power and control systems that serve customers across the commercial, regional, business aviation and military sectors. Applied Research & Technology (ART) Ireland team helps all Collins Aerospace strategic business units to research, innovate, demonstrate and accelerate the adoption of transformative technologies. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customers and strategic business units succeed today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow.
We seek candidates with proven research credentials in discrete combinatorial optimization domain to join the multidisciplinary design optimization (MDO) discipline for Collins Aerospace Applied Research and Technology in Cork, Ireland. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong mix of academic background and applied experience in designing, developing and implementing highly optimized constraint solving and mathematical programming methods, and applying advanced analytics and decision support to solve industrial problems within the Collins Aerospace Advanced Technology. Successful candidate will also be involved in the implementation of software solutions that realize the benefits of our optimization research in practical applications.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement highly optimized constraint solving techniques, like propagation algorithms, and search algorithms.
- Develop and implement constraint programming heuristics.
- Design and apply constraint programming optimization methods to industrial applications.
- Improve software engineering practices to get high quality software.
- Write documentation.
- Execute R&D agendas and contribute in business development for Collins Aerospace BU.
- Conduct joint applications-oriented research for Collins BU and with external research partners.
- Contribute to a growing research agenda for future aerospace systems within the Collins Aerospace Advanced Technology.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Competitive research record in constraint programming, operation research, or in automated reasoning of artificial intelligence.
- Excellent knowledge of automated reasoning approaches of artificial intelligence, search techniques, constraint programming, SAT, integer programming, and metaheuristics. Any other combinatorial optimization framework is a plus.
- Excellent computer programming skills in Python, C and C++.
- Demonstrated capacity to apply optimization methods to real-world problems.
- Excellent practice of software development, collaborative work, versioning, continuous integration and continuous deployment and testing, and software quality.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international team and with different cultures.
- Be interested in interdisciplinary research and complex research questions from practice
Education & Experience (consistent with UTC Level guidelines, bulleted)
- A PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Artificial Intelligence with a focus on one of the following areas: constraint reasoning, planning and scheduling, search algorithms, or in mathematics with a focus on mathematical optimization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms